Sunday, November 05, 2006

Where did October go??


OK...Obviously, I've really slacked off when it comes to blogging...As you know our routines have been a bit different this past month and will continue to be so for a while so...I apologize in advance for the lack of posts. I always got on the computer when everyone else was asleep in bed...for now there just isn't time. I'll quickly get you up to beat with the kids...Since I didn't post the entire month of October, I will, no doubt, forget something cute and funny, but I promise to let you know sooner or later...

Dig is now saying Mommy, Daddy, DD (doubles for Dora-Dora) he says what a cow, (mmmmm) says, what a dog says and what a duck says...if in doubt he answers "quack, quack" to most every question! So silly! :) He also signs "more" and "milk"

I had an eyebrow masacre...the young girl in Wellsburg dripped wax on my brow and took a hunk...I mean HUNK of my eyebrow out, this was the week before we took our family pictures at Pine Lake. Thank goodness for eyeliner! It's still a HOLE!

Ryan and I managed to go to a Iowa Hawkeye game. They won and the weather was beautiful. We had sunburns on the left sides of our faces. It was a classic "Ryan" moment when the Hawks came out of their locker rooms...I looked at him, he was smiling ear to ear and had the goosebumps all over his arms...He loves his Hawks!

We made it to the pumpkin patch, took a bunch of cute pictures and the kids had a blast, even with a gazillion lady bugs flying in the air.

Both DD and Dig were sick with colds, runny noses, stuffy etc...not fun sleeping conditions. This lasted a good 2 weeks.

Lane is now running...well, I'm not so sure if he's running or just trying really hard to keep his balance. He definitely tries to keep up with his sister. They get to running and laughing so hard...such a sight!

Pa turned 51 on Oct. 29th. We went to the New Providence Roundhouse Halloween party on the 28th. Drue dressed up like a parrot, Lane a pirate. They won first place in their age division. Such cuties we have! Ryan and I both knew in our guts they'd win when we saw the "competition" :) They had a great time at the carnival following. Kids really go all out at that party...we'll have to really brainstorm for ideas next year. Drue also thought it was really fun that she did the cake walk and won a sprinkle cake to share.

October 28th also was the day that our acreage was officially "FOR SALE!" We have decided that we want to move to town. We love the country, but with Ryan's job schedule, he wants to be with us when he's home instead of mowing our big yard or messing with cows or the driveway. He says..."if I want to mess with cows, I'll go play with your dads." That whole Lee Pieters cow deal really ticked him off. We have already showed the house to 2 different couples in the first week it was for sale. We're in no hurry to sell since we don't have to move. We're going to be pretty picky about what we get for it and if not we'll stay and try to sell later. We'd be moving to Eldora. Nothing is really for sale there at the time anyway. Our next home would be our "middle" home. The one where we would enjoy and make our home while the kids are still little and then when they are in school I will do some substitute teaching and contribute a little bit financially. Then, ideally, Ryan and I would like to build a house on the edge of town. Who knows...maybe God thinks we should stay at this house...We'll see. Winter isn't a very good time to sell a house, so if it is going to, it probably won't be until spring. In the mean time, we've been doing little fix-its to the house and making sure it's always "show" ready. If you know anyone who wants a cute little acreage...send 'em our way! :)

This weekend we went to Deer Park Sat. and Sun.!! Drue fed the deer about $18 (not really) of feed from the vending machine. She HAD to go back to today. Dad can't tell his kids no. We also went out for pizza in IA Falls.

I hear giggles from downstairs, better go get supper...Ryan and I are having Greek Shrimp Pasta from "Everyone's a Chef" and the kids are having leftover enchiladas or pizza. I'll leave you with a picture of the monkeys...Love to all and thanks for reading! I'll try not to wait a month until the next post! Blessings~kabl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!! I was wondering what had happened to you all! :) The picture is so adorable, too!! That's exciting that you all will be moving into town at some point... good luck with selling your current place! Post a Halloween picture! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck selling the house--it is really good that you guys can wait for the right buyer! And it will be fun to pick out a new home :) The kids' pictures are CUTE!