Saturday, December 05, 2009

Naughty List




A few days ago Lane was watching a "seasonal show" and came running into the kitchen to tell me, as loud as he could...


"MOM! DO YOU KNOW SANTA HAS A NAUGHTY LIST AND A NICE LIST?! AND IF YOU'RE NICE HE WRITES YOUR NAME ON THE NICE LIST AND IF YOU'RE NAUGHTY HE WRITES YOUR NAME ON NAUGHTY LIST!" Um yeah...and I thought you knew that too.






Then all of a sudden I hear a very tired DD crying hard and saw her run off to her room. "I'm probably on the naughty list! I'm always naughty. I try not to be naughty but Digga always starts it!" Poor girl. I had to reassure her that she's not naughty and like we read in the Berenstein Bear book, "Santa doesn't expect you to be perfect...just good." She loves to make me feel guilty and knows just how to do it!

Side note: Drue was so excited to have a green dress that she could wear over a red shirt to be all "Christmas-y" ... I do love when she wears dresses over jeans...no really, I do. The funny thing is that Lane also wanted to wear Christmas colors. He surprised us by going to his room and putting on a navy shirt with WHITE stripes, his tennis shoes that have RED stripes on them and he ingeniously turned his summer reading program shirt from the library inside out so it was only GREEN! How could I tell him to change when he worked so hard to make sure he had ALL the Christmas colors on!





1 comment:

The Perrys said...

I haven't seen Santa's list, but there is NO WAY either of your kiddos is on that list! I love that Ryan has proof he does the dishes!