Thursday, April 29, 2010

Preschool Round-Up!

Holy Cow!  It's been a long time since I've posted anything new.  Let me assure you, this is not because we've had nothing to blog about!  I have my little notebook next to the computer with a long list of things I want to remember forever...or at least have in my Blog2Print book!  :) 




Today, Lane Ryan had his first day of Preschool Round-Up!  He was totally excited.  He did show little signs of being nervous, but that's to be expected for a little man that has spent the majority of the past four and a half years with his momma and only his momma!  It also helped that he is attending Preschool at the church we attend as a family.  He also came with me everytime I volunteered at the Good Shepherd Preschool when his sister was going...and that was a lot.  We volunteered to help at every activity they needed someone...every one, except the pumpkin carving day.  No thanks. Lane and I also attended Chapel Time with DD and her class once a month, every month the entire school year.  So, Lane knows his school surroundings, the teachers and even some of the routines.




He woke up this morning a little later than usual because DD has the rest of the week off due to Kindergarten Round-Up.  After Lane woke up, he immediately got dressed in clothes he picked out himself...and by the picture, you can tell...so did his sister!  :) Dig never does this!  Honestly, most days he is in his pajamas all day.  Sometimes he only changes pajamas to get into different pajamas for bedtime!  Today, he even put his socks and shoes on right away! 

We ate an early lunch at my Mom & Dad's.  I started to feel like I couldn't breathe.  My brother, Shawn, said the same thing.  Where has time gone?  Can this be real? What in the world am I going to do with myself next year!?!  My job description is definitely changing!

Drop-off went off without a hitch. Lane washed his hands, gave me a hug and kiss and started drawing.  He asked Ms. Karen if she would call him "Dig."  She then had him write his name on his drawing... L.A.N.E.  This could be a little confusing.  Oh well.  It's what he prefers. 

He was so excited to show me a butterfly craft he made using dyed and crushed egg shells.  He explained to me how the butterfly needed to look the same on both sides and how he just loved how colorful it was!  He is one of 6 boys in the class.  He definitely has his choice of women!  I think there are 18 or 20!  He got to play on the new playset, eat string cheese and drink apple juice.  He said he played with a little girl he goes to Sunday School with and at the end of his two hour school day, finally found the colorful snake puzzle he had talked about all week.  Dig said he loved school and can't wait to go back tomorrow afternoon! WoW!  This sure is a change from his sister's first days of school...and I'm not complaining!



Look at that little tongue sticking out!  That means he's really concentrating!


Speaking of his sister, she was looking forward to some alone time with her Mommy!  We planned our day about a week ago.  Unfortunately for her, we also fit in a quick dentist appointment.  Afterwards, we took a Junie B. Jones book to the coffee shop and read most of it while enjoying our frozen-decaf-vanilla lattes.  We also took one to-go for Lane Ryan!  It was his special request. While we were walking out Drue said, "Mom...we needed some girl time didn't we!"  She was right.  It has been along time since we did something special without our boys!  She's such a grown-up little girl!



Let me explain...it was windy today  Like, CrAzY windy.  Um, the camera angle is bad?  Ok...and I have, as Junie B. Jones says, "automatically-curly hair!" 

I'm so relieved that Dig's first day went so well and am encouraged by his readiness and eagerness to learn and 'catch-up' with his sister...

It's me who is going to have a hard time adjusting next Fall when both of my babes are at school!

1 comment:

Renee said...

great post, great memories
and I love your "automatically-curly hair!"