Thursday, February 24, 2011

Workin' Man

Dig is such a little man.  He loves being able to help out and when he helps...he REALLY helps! He offers...yes, offers to sweep the kitchen floor, water plants, put dishes in the dishwasher, even scoop the driveway for Daddy. 

During the day, Lane and I are home together and when it snows, he'll go look out the front windows and say something like, "well, looks like I better get out there to scoop the driveway before Dad gets home," or "I should go scoop a little so when Dad gets home it won't be so much."  Seriously, what a thoughtful little man!  So, he bundles up and scoops the driveway...for real. 




Lately Lane's been calling me "Kris" alot.  "Krissss, can I have more cereal? Krissss, where's my DS? Krissss, is it time to go to school?"  I've explained to the kids before that if someone calls me Kris, I know I've known them a long time. My parents, well, I guess mostly my Dad, calls me Kris.  All of my grandparents call/ called me Kris.  My brothers both call me Kris...in fact, I don't think I've ever heard Steve or Shawn call me Kristy, likewise, their girlfriends, Lisa & KK, call me Kris.  I remember getting on a Cambus my freshman year at the University of Iowa.  From the back of the bus someone hollered, "Kris Balvanz?"  Before looking to see who it was, I knew it had to be someone I went to school with in Eldora.  It was.  I don't know exactly when I became "Kristy?" hmmm.  I remember getting my first job after college and thinking it would be a good time to start going by my given name, Kristine.  But I never did.  But I do love it.

Anyhoo...I asked Dig the other day, "why are you calling me Kris lately?"  His reply..."Cuz' I've known you a LONG time!"   Silly me.

Yesterday, I re-filled his juice cup and he said,
"Thanks Kris!"

"You're welcome, Dig."

"No. If I call you Kris, you call me Lane."

Evidently, we're on more formal terms around here these days!

1 comment:

the w family said...

:) that is FUNNY!!!!!!!!