Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

Hard to believe that this was my 9th Mother's Day! And, now I realize I didn't get a picture of me with my monkeys on the big day.  Bummer.


I'm beyond blessed.  I have never wanted anything more than to be a momma.  I've never taken motherhood for granted and even on days (like today!) when I can't see the kitchen counter, have more laundry piles than I care to count, and a living room that definitely looks lived in...I wouldn't change a single thing about my life.  Not one thing. 


DD & Dig are at such fun ages and get so excited for any special occasion.  There's nothing I love more than handmade gifts from my babes.  My mom is so good about helping them make something special for me.  This year they made the most adorable canvas portraits.  I just love them!  The kids worked very hard for several nights on them.  Mom would come pick them up and they'd work and have a snack...or go to the fish store and buy fish!


This year, Drue also came up with an idea of her own.  The kids each get a Highlight magazine monthly.  Last month, DD's had Mother's Day gift ideas and she immediately saw one she deemed appropriate for me.  She had Nanny buy iced-tea bags (orange-spice, one of my favorites!) and got a glass jar and wrote "You're a Tea-rrific Mom!"  on it.  It's the perfect size to keep in the fridge and grab for car trips or out in the yard.  My kids are so thoughtful. 


DD with her dog, Cash

Dig with his curls!
(That got cut off on Mother's Day!)


Not to be out-done, both kids have decided that we need to celebrate Brother's Day and Sister's Day, too!  As if the other 364 days in a year aren't already KIDS' DAY!!?? 


So, in the Luiken house, June 1st is officially Brother's Day, followed closely by Sister's Day on June 5th...or so I've been informed.

1 comment:

Renee said...

love this post! Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day :)