Sunday, July 15, 2012

Phew!

It's already almost over, but it's kind of just beginnng for us.  Phew!

Summer has been kind of crazy this year.  It's the first year as a mom that I feel summer has gone too quickly.  I want my kids to feel like they've had a nice long, relaxing and fun summer, like I used to.  This summer, we've been  with busy coaching Dig's t-ball, daily farm chores, Karate, hosting KK's bridal shower, teaching Vacation Bible School, basketball camp, weekly Bible Study, Shawn's wedding week celebrations, a nice long visit from Uncle Steve & Aunt Lisa, training DD's fair calf, volleyball camp, the summer library program, hot long days (and nights!) at the Hardin County Fair, too many trips to Waterloo/CF, a few sewing projects for KK and our unborn nephew-Baby Jackson in Kansas City, fitting in some pool days, dentist appointments, dr. appointments, parades, not to mention Ry's been putting in oodles of hours while his business continues to grow... let's see what else?  It doesn't look like much in print, but it's been busy...and fun! But, we're all ready for everything to slow down for a bit before school starts up. 

And, starting next week, our calendar finally looks like things are about to just that.  As I look at the family calendar, there are only a few things written on it for the next 5 and a half weeks before school starts...one of which is Tim Tebow's birthday...written by a certain little 8 year-old.  {August 14, just incase you're wondering.}   =)


So, until I can muster up enough energy to post about some of those summer events, here's a picture of the 4 dirty, sweaty, hot, and tired Luikens at the fair...make that 5...can't forget about Duncan the bull calf!  (Ironically, he was the only clean one in the bunch!)

1 comment:

Trudi said...

Tim Tebow and Mike share a birthday.....funny that that's on your calendar!!