Occasionally, I have to 'talk-her-into' going to dance or 'get her excited' about going to volleyball, but never...not once, have I had to use any magic words to get her to go riding.
Drue loves every minute being with her horse, Felicity, Lissie for short. She turns into a different person on horseback. She's confident, she's brave it's so fun to watch. She sits so well and just looks like a natural cowgirl. Or, horsegirl.
There have been nights where her trainer, Jill, saddles a horse up for me and we ride a couple miles. The nights I couldn't make it, Ryan rides "Old Man" with the girls.
One morning, over breakfast, I was informed,
"I have a lot of stuff I don't tell you about when Dad goes to Jill's with me."
"oh really, like what? Or do I not want to know?"
"Well, don't tell Dad, but I do stuff like Around the World and I ride Lissie backwards, and I turn myself around in the saddle while she's walking."
"You what!? Are you practicing for the circus!? Ok, don't tell me anymore."
"Yeah, Jill said you'd freak. She also said some stuff we can only do when Dad takes me, cuz he's the cool one."
okie dokie.
A few weekends ago, we drove to Missouri to get Drue a Billy King saddle. The man we got it from called a week or so later just checking how it's working for her and to say that he and his wife were just so tickled with the way Drue loves horses and how she just looked like she knew what she was doing.
It's true. Horses are Drue's thing.
She recently told me, "Mom, we're going to Disney World AND I have my very own horse...I don't even have anything else to wish for!!" She's one happy girl!
Here she is doing some of the things she does when I'm with her at lessons.
I'll have to have Ryan record her circus acts while I'm not there.
No comments:
Post a Comment