Yesterday was Ry's 32nd birthday...a guy at work thought he was 42 and thought for sure Ryan was joking with him when he told him how old he was...I think it's time he shaves that beard if it's making him look THAT old! :) Yes, I love everything Amish...but this is a little different! I think I would be the first Amish woman to demand my husband shaves his beard and has a goatee...I've never seen Ryan without facial hair, well in pictures, but not personally, and I honestly, don't ever want him not to have his goatee. I miss it though, this Canadian Lumberjacker look is a bit much...BUT, I don't let him tell me what to do with my hair, so for his birthday, we got him a beardtrimmer... He's so cute when he shaves (leaving the goatee) ughhhh.....I love that! Guess I have to wait til spring...
Well...Since it's 2007, means I haven't written since LAST year! I'll be succinct about what has been happening around here lately...
Obvious big news was Christmas...We had several Christmases. Sat. the 23rd was at Ryan's parents'. We enjoyed watching DD open EVERYONE'S presents. Sunday, Drue and I made cookies, she frosted and sprinkled. Since we don't have a chimney, we hung an old skeleton key on a pretty ribbon and put it on the door knob. It's a magic key that Santa uses to get in when we're sleeping. Drue put out the cookies and her and Ryan's favorite drink...(Santa's too!) MILKNOG and then we went to Mom and Dad's. I took DD in, Ryan took Dig. He put Dig down, Mom took off his coat, I am taking off DD's and all of a sudden I hear a few "oooooohh's" Ryan walked back in from getting the presents from the car and I said, "While you were gone, Lane got the flu." So, we didn't go to church. I was worried the entire time that I was going to get the flu or Drue would...I don't do the flu at ALL. I haven't thrown up in 20 some years and am not going to start now. I freak out. I can't even believe I don't pass out when the kids get sick! :) Anyway, I also didn't get to eat any of Mom's prime rib, so I'm requesting we have it next year, too. I was too afraid to eat, in case it would be coming up later!??@@**&! We (Grandma & Grandpa Balvanz were there too) stayed home from church and opened presents earlier than normal. Lane was sick about 6 times, but only lasted about 3 or 4 hours and he was fine. He wasn't sick once we got home. The next day was Christmas, DD was so tired. She slept in and then opened her and Lane's presents. Lane felt much better so we decided to go to my granparents' in Dayton. But...before we left, Ryan showed Drue and Lane that there was reindeer poop on our deck!!! Along with a bunch of half eaten carrots that DD had left for Rudolph. He was kind of a messy eater! But, oh my...that sure made DD's Christmas. She had been religiously watching the old "Rudolph" movie...we're talking, a couple times a day...so this was big stuff knowing he had actually been at HER house! Since everyone was taking Christmas things down as soon as the day was over, we had to expalain to Drue that Christmas was over and they'd be back up next year, she chimed in, "no, Cimpus isn't over, still have to go to Gamma Mair's (Mary's)" We had Christmas with Balvanz's the Saturday before New Year's, so now, it's officially over...The kids (and Ryan and I ) received so many nice gifts. We sure missed Steve and Lisa though. Ryan likes beating Steve at our annual bowling night... Steve is sure to give him a good punch or two and there are usually some pretty good laughs...hope to see them soon!
We showed the house the Friday after Christmas and the following Thursday. I looked at a house for the first time. Ryan and I are going together to see a couple houses this weekend. We aren't going to do anything until our house sells, but thought we'd look to see what's out there...which isn't much. Hopefully, if/when our house sells, there will be more options. It's fun thinking of different paint colors, decorating ideas, etc...Even if our house doesn't sell, I think we'll be painting, Ry says he's ready for some different colors...which isn't really that 'manly' of a thing to say, so don't tell him I told you that!
We spent New Year's with some friends from my class...Chad and Syd, Curt and Carey, and Kosanke's. We went to a bar in Eldora, saw a hypnotist...hilarious! Oh my! So funny I about wet my pants several times...which maybe isn't a big deal, because I've had that problem alot since the kids were born!! My kegals are in poor shape!! No running or jumping (or sneezing or coughing...on and on...) for me!! :) Anyway, good time dancing and visiting with friends.
Monday we went in to Mom and Dad's about 10...we KNEW we had to be there relatively early because there was SNOW on the ground!!! We packed up the snow pants, mitts and hats and were met at the door by 2 very excited munchkins!! Drue just screamed...she was so glad we had thought to bring the snow pants. Ryan and I , the kids and my Dad all played outside while Mom cooked...(sorry, Mom) We pulled DD on a sled, Dig doesn't like it but he sure loved riding in the sleigh Dad built me for my birthday. He actually fell asleep in it. Dad was pulling him in the neigboring yard and he brought him over to me, I went to pick him up to take him to bed and he kicked and cried. He was so cozy and relaxed. I don't think he could bend his arms or legs with his big ol' coat, snowpants and snowboots. We have some really cute pics.
This week we had coffee at our house. Minus Caryn. She was due to have a baby April 2nd or 3rd and ended up having a C-section on Christmas Eve. Baby Gabe is doing well. He weighed 1 pound, 5 ounces. He is so tiny. His little head is smaller than a tennis ball. We're praying that things continue to go well and that God is with Clint, Caryn, Maddie, Trevor and Gabe as they endure many ups and downs in the days, weeks, months ahead. Gabe will be in Des Moines for at least 3 months, which means many struggles here at home and with traveling. Please keep the McMartins in your prayers.
After coffee, the kids and I ran to IA Falls to eat at McDonalds, they sure have fun even though both are too afraid to go up the big slide. Then we went and got Ry's birthday gift and make his cake. Drue decorated it with bright yellow frosting, sprinkles, sugar jungle animals and I wrote Daddy on it...our original idea was to have it be a Hawkeye cake but when DD saw the edible sugar tiger, panda and monkey heads...she made an executive decision...she does that alot! :)
Well...you're caught up...no one else ever got sick, we're all doing well, keeping busy and enjoying the giggles.
Happy New Year! ~Kristy
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment