For those of you who don't know, I'm the Superintendent of the Sunday School at the St. Paul Lutheran church in Eldora. It's a volunteer position with a two-year term. This is my second year. It's easy...I even have an 'assistant.' I pass out attendance envelopes before Sunday School starts, pick them up after the kids are there, ring 'the bell,' record attendance, give out treasure chest awards for attendance, award Star cards- our monthly perfect attendance and count the offering. I have to be there a few minutes before everyone else so this often means that Ryan drops the kids and I off then goes home to get ready and meets us for church. I also have two monthly meetings, Board of Education and Sunday School Staff. On these days, the kids and I drive separately in the morning and Ryan brings his truck to church. That way, he and the kids can take the Expedition, with the car seats, home and I take his truck home after the meeting...ok...that was a lot of 'prep' for a short silly story... but here goes.
After one of the recent meetings, I walked out to Ryan's truck, parked where we often park.
{Upon noticing how clean it was}
He must have washed it this weekend, I thought.
{Upon noticing the On-Star sticker in the window}
Wow. I didn't realize Christensen's vehicles had On-Star. Fancy.
{I thought} I used the key to unlock the door.
Wowza! He really cleaned this puppy out! Well, it is new. But wow! Immaculate.
{Upon noticing a little ol' man's hat on the seat next to me.}
What? Since when does he wear a little ol' man's hat?
I proceeded to try and start the truck...finally it dawned on me.
This is SO not Ryan's truck!
I quickly hopped out...scoped my surroundings, hoping no-one, especially the owner of this truck, (yup, I know who it is) saw me getting out...spied the right truck...ran to it, jumped in, took off and laughed the whole way home!
Yee-Gads! Can you say...embarrassing?
Tell me something similar has happened to you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kristy, that is hilarious! I've never gotten INTO the wrong vehicle but I have walked up to the wrong one before, BUT once when the girls were in elementary school, I went to pick them up and it was pouring rain. I was sitting in the car and the back door opened and they jumped inside. I turned around and just as I turned, this little girl looked out from under her hood with a look of horror! SHE jumped into the wrong car! I'll never forget the look on her face :) I have no idea who she was.
This is too funny!
I do have a story about this....
In high school I was at FandM Bank with Kendra Schaa and I was sitting there waiting for her. There were two white Shadows (Dodge, I think???) parked right next to each other. The owner of one of he shadows got into and DROVE off in the other shadow(not her car) next thing I knew she was pulling back into the parking lot and got in the other Shadow and took off. It was sooo funny at the time!
Post a Comment