And so...DD & Dig took private lessons... together.
They would have it no other way.
But, while they were working hard on learning how to swim, I was working hard on my tan. We're not to the point in our lives where I can sit (nor do I want to) in a chair at the side of the pool while the kids swim, so doing so during their half-hour lessons was a real treat!
What a successful and FUN week of lessons!! Today, Lane passed Level I and Drue passed Level II! Both kids had been pretty hesitant at the pool, not wanting to go all the way under when jumping in or diving for dive sticks. But, by the middle of the week both were able to swim on their own and even jump off the diving board! Who woulda' thunk!? Drue jumped off every day and today, did it with no life preserver or life-guard in the water! Lane jumped off all but the first day, he wears a little styrofoam backpack and today did it without anyone in the water to catch him. He just popped back up, a little nervous, and doggy paddled to the side.
Every day, the kids would be so excited to call their Daddy and share their accomplishments with him. Ryan and I are so proud of both of them! They have really enjoyed the afternoons at the pool this week because of all they've learned in lessons! Drue is going deeper and can swim in the Lazy River. Lane loves wearing goggles to go under water and see everyone's toes and is really working hard on swimming.
I just realized I took 35 pictures today, so I'll have to pick a few and use some in other posts...
Off the board with Ms. Dee supervising.
Swimming to the side without any help!
This would have been impossible last week!
Dig being brave and jumping off without
someone having to lower him down.
This took a lot of courage for our little man
and he did it!
Swimming all the way to the other side, all by himself!
1 comment:
I believe we must have been at the same pool? :) Isn't it amazing what they learn on one short week!? Great pictures!
Post a Comment