Although windy, today's weather is my favorite. Cool enough to wear 'cozy' pants as we call them in our house. I have windows opened to accentuate the crispness in air because we're having chili for supper, whether Ryan thinks it's too early in the year or not! It's chilly in here!
The kids and I were talking about how this is my favorite time of year. How I don't think their dad wants to hear it, but I even love winter. I'd much rather be cold than too hot. You can always put more clothes on...you can only get so naked. We named off things we love about this time of year...cozy pants, fuzzy socks, warm soups, football games, the Hawkeyes, walks at Pine Lake, pumpkins, we could have gone on and on...
Today, after school, Drue ran to her room and put cozy pants on and her favorite pair of fuzzy socks. While watching her brother play the Wii she pulled off a sock. I noticed how FULL of colorful fuzz her toes were already, then I heard her say, "Ah! This IS my favorite time of year! I LOVE to pick my toes!"
That girl has loved to pick toes since she's had toes!
She still sits on the bathroom floor naked every night before her bath to check for gunk between the piggies. The more the better...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment