Monday, October 11, 2010

THIS is My Award

Remember a few days ago, I admitted I will not be receiving the Mom of the Year Award? 

Well, I may not get an award...but I often do get a reward.

Rewards like...

"Ubba Mom!"
"You're the best cooker Mom!"
"Let's read a book, Mom."
"Mom, I love it when I come home from school and my room is picked up!"
"Mom would you love to rock me?"
"Mom, come sit by me and hold my hand."
"Wanna go play baseball, Mom?"
"Come lay on the floor with me, Mom."
"Want to go play with my dollhouse?"
"I will go to the store with you, Mom!"
"Mom, pretend we are the kids and you are the mom, let's play house."  {I know...it's a   s t r e t c h!}  =)
"Want to color with me, Mom?"

and...
Kisses without asking,
Tight hugs,
Little fingers patting my back as I carry a baby to bed,
Big smiles...

Sometimes, I even get acknowledged publicly...like in a certain-someone's First Grade Journal! 



This entry is now copied, colored, framed & hung in the kitchen! Doesn't it sound like she thinks she is supposed to be doing the laundry...but I'm doing it FOR her!?  Breaks my heart.


This is the entry the day after the 'Early Dismissal Mishap."  She 'drawed' rainbows on the board and had Winnie the Pooh cupcakes for Dig's birthday after school.

This one is from the day I left to go to Ryan's sister's bachelorette party in Kansas City.
When she says 'I get to sleep with my Dad and stuf amanals,' she means ALOT of 'stuf amanals!' See for yourself... this picture is from February, but it's what happens everytime I'm gone overnight.  Somehow 3 people also sleep in there?!


Oh, P.S.



So as you can see... I'm rewarded Big time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are the most fortunate children in the whole wide world
God knew you'd be the best mamma in the world for those two little Luiken munchkins.
Blessings to you, my dear daughter!

The Perrys said...

You are the best cooker! And a wonderful mom! Maybe Drue will start doing laundry soon - that would be a great reward.