Here's another "Kristy-Doesn't-Quite-Have-It-All-Together" story for your enjoyment...
As usual, Ryan helped his dad with harvest this year. I love harvest time. I grew up taking supper to my Dad out in the field. I loved it. Something about the cool air, the sound of the combine, the smell of corn dust, I just can't explain it. Since Ryan wasn't able to be home for dinners every night, the kids and I took dinner to him.
This particular Saturday, the kids were excited to pack their own lunchboxes. They wanted to be responsible for their own, I would pack Daddy's and mine. We drove out to Ryan's parents' and put our blanket on the still-green grass. The kids started chomping away, while I got Ryan's lunch. Or should say, while I looked for Ryan's lunch.
My heart sunk. I had forgotten Ryan's lunch on the kitchen counter! I had packed myself some leftover potato soup...so handed that over to Ry and promised I'd go back to town and get his. We let the kids eat and then went for Dad's food...
So, here is a wonderful picture of my besties on the, as I like to be reminded,
"Day I Forgot Dad's Lunch."
1 comment:
it's the thought that counts. :)
NICE HAT! :)
Post a Comment