Friday, March 11, 2011

Another Sure Sign of Spring!



It's {almost} soccer time!

Dig is FINALLY able to play soccer this year! He has been waiting for at least two years already.  The Spring of DD's preschool year, Ryan and I coached her soccer team.  We knew nothing about it.  Like, really, nothing at all.  We had fun, DD enjoyed the running around...the kicking...not so much!  She got hit in the chest with the ball early in the season and that pretty much turned her off for good.  I actually have video of her reaction to that...I'll see if I can figure out how to post it.


Whatta' ya know...I did it!

You can hear someone say, "that was a good block."  =) and then I said, "at least you stopped it."  Not very reassuring, huh?  I have a feeling this won't be a problem with Dig.
Uncle Steve gave Dig the Galaxy uniform/shoes when he was 2.
(for some reason, the yr is wrong, it was '08) 
 He loved it and still tries to shove himself into it!
Notice Dig's pose...I didn't tell him to do that...you'll see it again.

DD's gear straight from CA.


Anyway, Lane just can't understand why DD doesn't want to go out for all the sports that are offered. 
He wants to, but isn't old enough...she's old enough but doesn't want to.  Just doesn't seem fair!

Well...his time has come! Practices start the first week in April and Lane cannot wait! Ryan and I will be coaches for his team, also. 

Yesterday, the kids received a very special package.  Uncle Steve and Lisa sent Lane all the soccer gear he'll need...just like they did for DD two years ago.  Uncle Steve & Lisa both play in soccer leagues in Los Angeles...let's just say, they know a little bit about soccer! Lane has been playing soccer in the toyroom all morning!


Look how studly he thinks he is! Same pose.  He knows he's pretty stinkin' cool.


You can just tell he genuinely loves sports...wonder where he gets that!? =)


He's trying to hit the ceiling in this picture...actually, not so much "trying" but IS hitting the ceiling!



Can't wait to see how he reacts in a game. 
He's been waiting for so long for this season to come!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

is it me or does Dig look really tall in these pics?!

Renee said...

Wow! He looks good...like a professional! And he does look tall!

Trudi said...

I thought he looked really really tall too! I know I haven't been home since Christmas, but he looks like he's had a big growth spurt. Good luck, Lane!