Saturday, March 03, 2012

Watch the Clock!

The morning of Mom's birthday, we went over before school to give her her birthday present.  Lane gets nervous thinking I'm going to make him late for school.  He's never been late before, but doesn't want to know what that feels like. 

Every morning he reminds me to "watch the clock, Mom!"  It's especially concerning to him on days when he wakes up earlier than normal.  It just seems like he has too much extra play or t.v. time in the morning and he thinks we must be running late or that I have forgotten he has to go to school.

The morning at Mom's he kept looking at the clock on the kitchen wall.  The clock with hands.  I assured him I was "watching the clock." 

"What time IS it, Dig?"

{Pause.  Pretty long pause, actually}

A couple minutes later, Lane comes to the table with a drawing of "what time it is" (or at least WAS when he drew it!)

"This is what time it is Mom! And we need to be to school by the 12!"



The second hand kept moving! ha!! Nanny's clock is a little fast and it showed the time as being about 7:50...all that work to tell me the time!

Reminds me of what my brother, Shawn would say when Dad would ask him to check the time (you know, waaay back before everyone had a cell phone with the time on it in their pocket!)

When reading a digital clock Shawn would say "Seven. dit, dit, Five. Zero"  {dit, dit = : the colon}


1 comment:

Renee said...

Omygosh, I love your posts. I'm so glad we ran into each other than night in Pamida!