Thursday, March 22, 2012

Neanderthal

If you read this, you probably know me.  Let's see.   If you could use 3 words to describe my physical attributes which words would you choose?  Here are mine:

1) Crazy curly hair (ok, that's more than 1 word)
2) Freckles
3) Short

My hair has been a battle most of my life.  I grew up having a friend of my parents call it "The Torn Look."  That sounds better than "don't you ever do your hair?"  I love my hair when it does what I want it to, but when is that? Hardly ever. And puh-lease! It's nearly impossible to find anyone who actually knows how to cut curly hair.  I've never been excited about one of my cuts.  Not one.  I also never feel like I have an actual hair- style! Curly-haired girls shouldn't own a brush.  You don't brush this! You also don't use a normal towel.  You steal your husbands old t-shirts, they keep your hair from being frizzy.  You don't wash your hair daily, not even every other day.  Sounds gross, I know.  And it's best to air dry, but with thick hair, who has time for that? So, you MUST use a diffuser. 

Ryan teases me when I say, "I have to take a bath and do my hair before we go."
"Why? It will look just like that when you're done anyway!"
Love you, too.

I remember the morning after our wedding.  Ryan was already downstairs in our living room watching t.v. while I was in bed contemplating how in the world I was going to get to the bathroom without him seeing my crazy, curly, bed-head hair.  He'd never seen it in this state before!

There would also be mornings where I would wash it the night before and went to bed with it wet.  Ry would see me in the morning, grab me by the arms and take me to the huge bathroom mirror and say, "look at those curls!"  

I'm over it now.  He actually thinks I'm at my cutest right away in the morning...hmm.  That really isn't saying much for me is it?

Well, then.  It shouldn't come as much of a surprise when the littlest man in the house said what he did.  It was one of those "washed-it-before-bed-and-went-to-bed-with-it-wet" mornings.  I walk into the kitchen.  Dig looked at me without a single expression on his face.

"Mom.  You look like a Neanderthal." 
"Do you even know what a Neanderthal looked like?!"
"Yeah."

So I Googled it.  Sure enough.  The very first picture that popped up could be me...on a good day!

Look. She's got freckles and everything! 
I do have nicer brows, though! =)

2 comments:

the w family said...

this kid cracks me the heck up! what a funny little man you have :)

Renee said...

okay, I confess, I peed just a little! LOL