Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Digga's Room

It will have been 5 years ago next month that we moved to Eldora.  It was a busy time.  We tore down walls, put walls back up, tore off wall paper, tore out carpet, put new carpet down, painted and organized.  Drue had just turned 3, but still I let her choose the color of her bedroom walls and carpet. Who does that?!  Anyway, she has purple walls and purple carpet.  Dig was just one and a half, so *momma* chose a neutral tan and used navy accents.  Well, he finally decided he was bored with that and asked if we could paint his room.  We all know he's way more colorful than beige!

Of course, this all started when DD was given a binder to organize her ideas of re-decorating her room, along with money to start for her birthday...last year.  I'm bad.  Painting doesn't exactly excite me.  In fact, I find it dreadful. Dig's room was smaller so I thought we'd start there.  Needless to say, 6 coats of paint, two trips to Waterloo and several calls to the paint company's headquaters later...his room got done. I wasn't exactly in the mood to start his sister's room, so the cans of paint for her room are still sitting in the utility room just staring at me everytime I go in there.

Dig chose Iowa Hawkeye yellow and it evidently needs a base primer tinted that no one at the store bothered to tell me.  I'd paint but you wouldn't have been able to tell.  It wasn't coating and it just seemed to be never-ending! It was a lot of work, and took waaay longer than it should have, but Dig ended up with a room that reflects him! Sports all the way!
Phew! The paint was done!
Dig always makes you know you're appreciated.
After we finally got his room done he said,

"Mom, I'm sorry about the paint and how much hard work it took.
I picked the wrong color."

No you didn't, Bubs! It's perfect!

The new bedding arrived!

Dig had to wait 30 days after the paint was done to put up his
Ricky Stanzi Fathead and all the little decals that came with.
Talk about life-size! whoa!

Now, I suppose it's time to think about painting DD's room...or perhaps I'll hire someone to do it while we're at the pool this summer! 

That sounds more like it to me!

2 comments:

Renee said...

WOW! i LOVE it!

Nanny said...

nice curtains, kris!