Well, Dig is proud to share some exciting news with you...HE lost a tooth this weekend, too!
The little bottom tooth hadn't been loose for too long, but he kept working on it. He was wiggling it and went to the bathroom to look in the mirror. Without much fanfare, he returned to the kitchen and in a very quiet, monotone, almost nervous voice he announced, "well, I just lost my first tooth."
And that was it. But Momma gave a few good hoots and hollers! Little Man's growing up. He's so proud that he lost a tooth a whole year before his sister did. We text all the relatives and ran to Nan & Pa's to show them.
While we were there Dig looked at me and point blank asked, "Mom, are you the Tooth Fairy?"
"No! What would I do with all those teeth!?"
"I just don't get it."
I ended the conversation and he didn't ask any more questions.
The Tooth Fairy did come. She left Lane's money and (Detroit Lions colored) fairy dust, as requested. However, when Dig put his money in a baggie to "save the dust" he spilled a bunch, so he decided to put the baggie back under his bed the next night in hopes that the Tooth Fairy would grant him with a more measurable pile of glitter. Oh,boy! Did she deliver!
Lane's definitely all boy. He didn't make much of a 'deal' about losing his first tooth. All he cared about was being reimbursed monetarily for the pearly white when the winged fairy took it to do who-knows-what with. He wouldn't even let me take pictures of him putting his tooth under his pillow and he surely couldn't wait for me to take a picture of his loot with the sparkly fairy dust on it the morning he found it like I did for his sister. Nope.
He did let me take a picture of the new hole in his head.
I've been informed it's great for straws and spitting water through!
Told ya...ALL BOY!

No comments:
Post a Comment