Drue Kathleen is Mrs. Hildreth's Star of the Week! Sounds a little more exciting than it really is...but to a kindergartner...it's
BIG STUFF! What does being the Star Student entail you ask? Well...your Mom gets to scrounge through a humongous box of pictures that need to be but in photo albums and pick 12 out to be put on the Star bulletin board. Mrs. Hildreth moves the big, huge hand with a finger pointing down to above your chair, it reads
Special Person! (or something like that) and the most exciting thing is that on Wednesday, the Star Student gets to pick a friend to eat in the classroom with her (instead of in the cafeteria) and to set the mood, Mrs. Hildreth dims the lights and plays background music...the music of choice this week was Math Tunes...they're always learning! DD chose her spunky friend, Kassidy. They ate chicken fajitas and visited with their teacher. Special times, indeed!

I took this picture at her conference this week. I had to go by myself because Ryan was home with the stomach flu. We received a wonderful report. I was happy to learn DD is a caring helper to her fellow students and is meeting or exceeding all of the goals for kindergartners at ENP. She loves to read, writes beautifully and is an all around great student. Her journaling is amazing. I am so anxious to see her monthly journal, her drawing, story-telling and writings are so stinkin' cute! We're talking kindergarten here...but hey...a mom can brag! She's doing so great! Her teacher had nothing but positive things to say and we are so truly proud of her.
As for Digga Dean, he is anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Wii. We were told it would be in last Friday....it wasn't. We're hoping for tomorrow. He is so sporty, it's almost crazy. He's obviously got it in his blood, because trust me, I do not spend my days teaching him tennis, kick-soccer-baseball, basketball or soccer...he just gets it. He loves it like I've never seen a little guy love anything before. He begs to play some sort of sport all day. I don't think I've done any household chores for 3 days now. I've played a lot of tennis and 'H.O.R.S.E.' though...which is way better than laundry and dusting that's for sure! Some day, I won't be asked to play those things, so I'm taking advantage and never turn down an offer. Here's the last picture I took of him...I went to check on an unusually quiet Dig in the kitchen and found him making his own "Ants on a Log." He had been reminded of the snack on a commercial during Sponge Bob ( a show the kids sneak to watch, knowing I dislike it) and knew he could make it himself. He did a great job! He even shared...and they were yumm-o! (no he didn't cut the celery, I had it pre-cut for snacking)



oh yeah...he has a buzz!
Reminder to self: Do not use 1/4" blade on trimmer in March
But, what a cutie, huh!?
He looked in the mirror and said, " I feel like Diggy, but I don't look like Diggy!"
You will bud...in about a month! :)
2 comments:
great post!
i thought Drue's picture should have been in the paper today for Soles for Souls :)
so cute! i remember the star of the week when i was in school...except i think it was in first grade waaaaay back then. how fun! i love it when kids are made to feel extra special.
amen to the spongebob! i HATE that show....maddie will even tell daddy that she can't watch it when he flips it on. :) i've got them trained...
Post a Comment