Today, Ryan, Lane and I went to watch DD's first Track & Field Day! Things are quite a bit different than when I was in Elementary school at E-NP! As I recall, we took part in actual track events...running. Something I have never cared for. Ever. I only run if something is chasing me...something scary, like a wolf...or even scarier, a mouse. My kids, on the other hand, they both l.o.v.e. to run. They even play 'trackmeet' something I can honestly say I've never done. I just can't relate. =) However, I foresee many chilly, wet Spring evenings in Ryan's and my future where we are sitting on cold, hard bleachers watching a track meet... and we'll love it. Today's track meet was full of fun. See for yourself...
We may have a future long-jumper on our hands...
Or a professional ball-bouncer?
Good ol' fashioned fun, just like Little House on the Prairie!
We need to work on throwing the frisbee...
and throwing the ball in the bucket...
But, AAaahh!!! Now this is what she came for! The running!
She was like a rocket! Look at that pony-tail!
Climbing over part of the obstacle course.
Her last field event of the day was the ball kick.
This is the final race of the day, a combination of
Kindergarteners and First-Graders.
DD held her own against the two First-Grade boys.
She was right up there with them and finished third!
She's Miss Speedy Gonzalez!
All afternoon, this little brother was soaking it in...
he'll know just what to do in two years, when he is a Kindergartner!
After all that fun, the*track stars* were led off to
the bus by the day's Line Leader =)
and back to school for a snack.
Only NINE more days to go before summer vacation!
3 comments:
...or a professional potato sack racer! when did they start doing that??
i love it!
9 days! crazy! seems like we should have a bout a month or 2 left! maybe that's my sanity talkin! ;)
So cute! I bet she'll be great at the hurdles one day!!!
She is speedy! Get ready for bleacher butt (and lots of fun memories).
Post a Comment