Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Did You Know...

That most nights I sleep with two guys?!



It's true.  For almost five years now, Lane Ryan has slept in our bed for at least part of the night.  If he doesn't come in sometime during the night, I usually wake up wondering what's wrong and go check on him. 

I usually hear him rustling in bed then walking to our room.  He doesn't say anything unless it's "I'm Firsty!" He just crawls over Ryan and snuggles in between us.  His sister, on the other hand, I hear her RUN from her room to ours.  She jumps in bed like she's being chased  and quickly falls back asleep.

Over the last few weeks we think Lane has been sleep walking.  On two occassions I have heard him crying, not just crying, but sobbing.  I sat up quickly and ran to his room...he was not there.  I saw him sitting on the couch in the living room, eyes closed, crying.  I carried him in to our bed and he was immediately asleep and when I tried to wake him, I couldn't.  Another night I heard him crying and caught him walking out of the kitchen, eyes closed, crying.  Poor little guy.  He can't remember any sad or scary dreams, so that is good. 

Last night we had a different experience!  Dig quietly got in bed with us about 2:00 a.m. nothing was said.   
Ryan and I fall back asleep about a half hour later we were startled by a "Grrrrrr-ROOWWW!" 

Ryan and I were scared awake.  Ryan asked, "what the heck was that?  Did he just growl!?"

Sure enough, Lane growled in his sleep.

 I tried asking him if was having a dream but got nothing out of him.

We laughed...then got some Z's before the little lion woke back up!

1 comment:

Renee said...

omygosh, Kristi, that is funny! Be sure your doors are locked! Wouldn't want your lion escaping :)