Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Days

Today felt like one of those typical "All-American" Summer Days...and we enjoyed it! 
Here's the rundown...

*  The kids and I slept in, this is nothing new, we have been waking up between 8:30 and 9 since the week school got out!

*  We had a lazy morning.  Drue played with her doll house, Dig with his Lite Brite, I folded laundry.

*  We ate lunch at Nan & Pa's...again, nothing new, we've done this almost every noon for the past 3 1/2 years!

*  The kids and I spent a very hot and humid afternoon at the pool.  We have some fishies this summer!  They've really taken off and Ryan and I are so proud of how confident DD & Dig are becoming in the water!  They now prefer the 4'! No more "little kid" area for them!

*  We grilled Balvanz Cattle burgers for supper, topped with onions and tomatoes from our garden.


*  Dad helped DD practice riding her bike with NO training wheels!  Who woulda' thought!  That girl didn't even get ON a bike last summer and until this week the same was true this summer.  It was all her idea.  Her bike is too little so if she figures this out...she's been promised a new one!  Look at her proud brother jogging next her yelling, "you're doing it! Good job, DD!"  and Dad's getting his workout running up and down the road behind her...one of these times, he'll let go! 



*  Dad & Dig played baseball in the street.  Yes, Mom.  I said street.  Nothing says summer to a little boy like a game of street ball.  (Only when mom and dad are out there...He knows.)



*  The kids have Kool-Aid mustaches and dirty little faces.  I love it!


*  We gobbled up an evening snack of s'mores...as Ryan would say, "fancy" s'mores.  We sprinkled toasted tortillas with cinnamon and sugar, added chocolate bars, mini marshmallows and BANANAS! yum-o!  I do love me some chocolate and bananas!! 

*  As has been far too common this summer, we are now listening to thunder rolling in and anticipating a severe thunderstorm, but not before we ran the munchkins through a quick bubble bath.

*  Now.. to finish off this perfect summer day...cuddles and books on the couch with my two favorite kids in the entire world.  Can't get any better than that!

1 comment:

The Perrys said...

Perfect summer days! Enjoy them, summer is coming to an abrupt end soon.