Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In Their Own Words...

Well, my little "to-blog-about" list keeps getting longer, so I thought it was high time I posted something!  How about a random entry on all the cute/funny things I've heard the past few weeks? I realize these are mostly from Dig. Sometimes DD is way too serious and grown up.  She also has a brother who talks a lot!



* Turns out our Little Man is quite the Ladies Man.  He's friendly, caring, smart,  used to playing with girls, he's a cutie, not to mention smoooth.  Put these things together...you're bound to have lots of friends, boys and girls.  Dig also knows he can get a reaction out of his momma if he tells me about something a little girl says or did to him at school.  For example, "She hugged me!" "She chases me at recess!" "She tries to kiss me!" He even has girls tell him, "meet me at the bubble!"  The bubble is a crawl through tunnel on the playground equipment...thank goodness you can see through it! Evidently, this is the "secret" meeting spot for Kindergartners.  "Mom! If a girl says 'meet me at the bubble' DON'T do it!" 

* I admit, it's a rare thing for me to wear tennis shoes.  I'm just not that kinda' girl.  So, when Lane saw me wearing my tennies, he looked at me and said, "Mom, you look so cute in those shoes!"

* Dig's Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Phillips, uses a ladder system to keep behaviors in check.  Students move up or down the ladder depending on their behavior, how well they're working, if they're kind to friends, if they're caught doing a good deed, etc...  Dig is usually on Outstanding.  The highest tier of the ladder.  If you're on outstanding you get a coupon.  These coupons vary from, wear a hat in the classroom, bring your favorite CD, bring a stuffed animal, pick a friend to eat lunch with, all sorts of fun stuff!  Lane's friends aren't always at the top.  So, one day Lane was proud to tell me, "my two best friends moved up to outstanding today...and you know, I was kinda happy for them."

* It's no secret here that Dig loves chubby things.  That's how we got our cat.  He picked the one with the chubbiest face.  So, I guess I should take this as a compliment. (?) "Mom...you're face is just fat enough...almost too skinny." Then I got a hug...around my belly..."Now that's how I like my momma...with a nice chubby belly!"  {sigh} "Will you be my wife?" Redeemed.

* We know a true story about Ryan's elementary school days. He chased a girl on the playground and when he caught her, he kissed her.  Turns out she's a family friend, and I crack up just thinking about it.  One night we were re-living this, trying to embarrass Daddy and talking about "all the girls he used to chase."  I said, "I wonder what some of those girls look like now."  My sweet baby boy replies, "well we know he got the cutest one in the end." Seriously? He's smooth.

* On a day I subbed at the school.
   "Mom! What was that about today?!"
    "what was what about, Bubs?"
    "I saw (Billy) hug you! Why did he hug you!? I don't like that."
  
* "Mommy, you're like an onion."
    "what honey?"
    "You make me cry."
    "why are you crying?"
    "Cuz' we're talking about something nice.  Sometimes, good feelings make me cry."

Please ignore the slimy, fingerprinted door.  ;)

And here's one from the Queen of the house...

"DD, can you help me clear the table?"
"No, I'm saving that for the future.  5 kids are going to make me tired!"

3 comments:

the w family said...

seriously, toooooooo funny! :)

Renee said...

omygosh, I hope my granddaughter hasn't invited him to meet here anywhere! :) Cute post. LOVE what kids say! And...FIVE KIDS???

Trudi said...

Oh my. I was laughing out loud. So cute!!!