Monday, September 11, 2006

Just like her Daddy

So... I forgot a funny story from a week or so ago...

Drue and Ryan were on the couch watching the "Deer movie," aka..."Bambi." DD wanted her Dad to watch it with her, well, they both fell asleep. I was in the kitchen doing dishes, Lane was already in bed. I heard a thud and turned and say Ryan leaning towards the ground, still in a stupor. Drue had fallen off the couch...don't really know how since Ryan had his arm around her...but she woke up for only a few seconds, then fell back asleep. When we quizzed her about it the next day, she said, "that was at Coke's house." So, I don't know if she remembers it or not.

Yesterday, obviously bored...Drue came running into the kitchen and asked, "Mommy, want to go around looking for geese?" We had gone driving, looking for potential hunting spots Fri. night and Drue must have thought it was fun...although, she fell asleep about 15 minutes into the ride. I thought it was so funny that she initiated the trip this time. I couldn't wait to tell Ryan and when he got home, I had Drue tell her Daddy what she wanted to do earlier in the day. He was SOO excited that he may have a fellow hunter in the family. Drue was determined to go "NOW." It was rainy and already too dark to search last night, but Ryan promised they'd go the night before opening geese...which, I just remembered, is his best friends wedding rehearsal night...ok, they'll have to drive around on the 28th instead of 29th, anyway...Drue wants so badly to have Todd, Campbell, Ryan and herself...to drive around. She loves being in the back seat with Campbell...Ryan was so serious about making sure Drue knew they WOULD do it, that they wrote it on the calendar.

Lane took about 8 or 9 steps to his sister today. He takes a gasping breath as if to say..."Ready, I'm gonna' do it...!" I'm not sure he breathes the entire time he's attempting to walk...He even will try and walk without being asked, he'll pull himself up to something and then turn, gasp, lift up a foot, place it down, think about it, lift up the other foot, put it down, think about it...He's so determined. Oh my...so cute, too! He's going to have the girls chasing him! Drue will have her fair share of boys knocking, too! Such beautiful, healthy children we have! Praise God!

Drue was pretty wound up today...could be the parade candy she had for breakfast! =) She didn't take her usual afternoon nap. After she was done with supper, she asked to sit in Lane's high chair, we let her while we finished. All of a sudden we noticed it was very quiet...she had fallen asleep! I took her to her room and she has been sleeping since 7pm! Lane is in his bed, in too small of pajamas! They are the footie ones, it's chilly upstairs, but he's probably thinking they are too tight in the feet...we need to do some major shopping, he has no pants or long sleeve shirts that fit him and Fall has all of a sudden appeared, with little transition time. Drue is in the same boat for shirts...we need to make a "back to school" shopping trip some weekend after Dig's party.

I didn't sleep too well last night, Drue was wiggly...she's in her own room...so far...so I better go stake my ground incase she comes in later! =) Lane has been waking up a few times a night still, but I've noticed he sleeps pretty well when it's so cool up here.

Can't wait to see alot of you for Dig's party! Hope it's nice...at least not raining!

Blessings to you all!

No comments: