Friday, September 15, 2006

LANE IS ONE!!

Happy 1st Birthday to my "Little Man!" Can't believe he is already a year old. What amazing things he's learned in the last 12 months! He is such a joy...tonight, I had to work at the chicken and biscuit dinner, but when I went to get the kids from Mom and Dad's he was in such a FUNNY mood! It could have been the bright, blue Gatorade someone was giving him! Anyway, I guess he, Drue, Nanny and Pa were all crawling around on the floor, listening to "Three Blind Mice" on the CD player, pretending to be mice...Dad said he crawled for a good half hour...full throttle! His little knees are probably sore. When I got there he showed me how he "danced" to the music and then did a funny face thing...wrinkled up his entire face, closed his eyes and sniffed in and out through his little nose...we'd laugh, he'd do it more... What a kid! He has no idea what's in store for him tomorrow! Party time...

Drue came to 'help' Nanny get the carry our chick/biscuits...as they were walking in, Ryan's family was walking out...I watched and Drue and Cade both kind of ignored eachother...they were out of place...couldn't figure out why eachother was there, but Drue sure did talk about him when I got to Mom's...Hopefully, the rain holds off and the two of them can play outside for a little bit.

Well, I am off to bed...I'm tired. Last night I slept so hard that I had NO idea that DD had jumped in bed with us sometime in the night. I woke up and she was there...Ryan even brought Lane in because I didn't hear him...ok, I did...I was going to wait and see if fell back asleep, then remembered it was his birthday and didn't want him to cry on his big day! =) I am getting up to make potatoe salad and a grape salad...maybe that's too much 'salad.?' Oh well, that's all I have the 'stuff' for, so that's what we'll have...with grilled burgers, cake and ice-cream. We're excited to have everyone here... I think I counted and there will be 20 people here...we'll be missing Uncle Steve and his girlfriend, Lisa and my Grandpa Harold, I don't think he'll come. It is a lot of work for Grandma and Grandpa gets nervous about having an accident or being in the way.

One year ago tonight, God blessed Ryan and I and Drue with a healthy, beautiful baby boy...We couldn't imagine our life without him...such a perfect little family! Praise God!

No comments: