Well...a lot has changed since the last time I've posted...including the MONTH!! Wow... I haven't written since Aug. 29th...There's a lot to catch up on...I'll randomly get you back up to speed with what's going on with the Luikens...I don't promise this will be in chronological order...bear with!
We watched Campbell and Aubrey the Friday before Labor Day...Their Mommy had to run some errands and we had fun destroying our home! Saturday we went into Steamboat Rock for Rainsbarger Days. We watched the parade and got a TON of candy. Afterwards, we let DD play in the sand and the duck pond...she got several prizes, her favorite, a purple squishy ball, yo-yo thing...was also a favorite of Cash's...he took a snap at it and popped it...DD said, "DD loved that purple thing, so bad!" Drue also saw clowns...we had to go back to the Expedition for my checkbook and we walked right by the clowns...Drue was petrified. She jumped right in the truck and said she'd stay in there while I went back to make my purchase, of course, I didn't let her, but we made sure we took the LONNNNG way around the clowns. As I type this, Drue is reminding me, "DD like clowns..." as she shakes her head no! Saturday night we went to Jim and Jane Kramer's for dinner. We've done this every Labor Day weekend since we've been married, (I think?) it's fun getting all the families together. Sunday we went to Ryan's grandma Margaret's for snacks in the afteroon. Monday, we went to my grandma and pa Larson's. My uncle Mike and aunt Aimee, their daughter Lindsay, her friend Ally and my uncle Jim were home. We went to the parade for yet more candy, then home for dinner. We made it out to the rodeo just as it started to rain, that didn't keep Drue from getting out though! She was pumped, rain or not! My folks had promised her a cowgirl hat... I was expecting one of those cheap, spray painted one, but she came back with a 'real' hat! She looked so stinking cute! It's pink, of course. The rain stopped and Drue got to enjoy all the rides, had some cotton candy, a corn dog and pop.
Hmmm... What else...Oh, Dig is sleeping in his own room. He actually likes his crib, I think. He still wakes up 2 or 3 times a night. Two times, though, he's slept from 9:30 to 2:30, one night he slept until 5:30am!! I felt terrible one night, I told DD to be quiet so we wouldn't wake him, I put him in his crib and he woke up, cried and stood up, I kind of got after Drue and then she started to cry, "DD was quiet, not loud!" She was right, Dig woke up because of changing positions, not because she was loud, I felt like such a bad mom. I kissed her and squeezed her an apologized for being grumpy.
One night the last week, Drue talked her Dad into putting on one of his cowboy hats, while she wore hers and they each rode the singing stick horses around the house...both in their underwear! =) What a sight! That same night Drue was in our bed and saw the moon, it was especially beautiful and we just snuggled while I sang the, "I see the moon, the moon sees me, God bless the moon and God bless me song." It was neat. We love our kids so much!
Dig had a fever Labor Day weekend. Often, when he has a fever, the next day, he'll get tiny pin pricked spots all over his little body. I thought he was getting a new tooth, ends up it was probably a virus, because DD had the spots one day, too.
I just asked Drue "what else has been going on this week?" She replied, "remember, we had coffee at Coke's has that day." ?? I should add...she's sticking her finger in the chapstick and rubbing it on her cheeks...????
Ryan's been working a lot...He works very hard. Luckily, he loves his job. I've been trying to get the house cleaned and preparing for Lane's birthday party. We can't believe that he'll be ONE on Friday!! Our baby isn't a baby anymore! We're having family over on Saturday....no...the Iowa/ISU game will be over by then....=) I have a busy week, Tues. is coffee..ok, that's not busy, that's fun... Wed. I have a TTT meeting, Friday night I work at the TTT Chicken and Biscuit dinner, then Ryan and the kids and I may go to the football game, haven't decided yet. Saturday it's PARTY TIME! Drue is excited, too...Her cousin Cade will be here!! Hopefully, the weather is nice and the two of them will be able to play in the kids' play yard.
BIG NEWS>>>> Dig is taking steps! He's taken about 4 or 5 at a time. He gets so proud of himself and even attempts to walk when no one is asking him to! Won't be long now!
This weekend, was nice...absolutely nothing going on. Friday night we drove around looking for geese, didn't see anything, so Ryan didn't even go hunting. Saturday afternoon, we met the James' at McDonalds so the kids could play. DD didn't want to go down the big slide, but Ryan thought he'd try it out. He asked Drue if she'd go with him, she said, "DD just watch." And she did...he went down it by himself...such a big boy! =) We all made a quick run to Wal-Mart. We put Campbell's car seat in our car and she rode home with us. The girls get the biggest kick out of being in the way back seat, they pretend their alone? Drue's been watching alot of the "princess" movies...She loves Cinderella and Snow White, especially!
Well...you're kind of up to date with us...I'm sure I left stuff out, I'll try and be better about blogging...I love doing it, but some nights I have to make the decision...BLOG or BED? Blog or bed? We just watched a special on 9/11. Brings back a lot of emotions...and we're hundreds of miles away, makes you really want to keep your family close and cherish every little moment. It's weird thinking our kids will never know what the world was like before Sept. 11, 2001.
Well, gotta take DD potty...Blessings to all...kl
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment