Friday, September 15, 2006

Ty...Move That Bus!!!

So... have you heard??? The Extreme Home Makeover show is building a house just outside Grundy Center/ Gladbrook?! Mom and Dad stopped by the build site last night after shopping in Waterloo...Dad told me about it this morning and I asked Mom to take me there this afternoon. I love that show! However, I usually try NOT to watch the beginning, the part when they tell the family's story on why they deserve the new house. I USED to watch that part but got way too emotional...plus it was when I was pregnant with Lane, adding to my hormonal mess! I was very impressed by the organization. We parked a good "country section" away from the actual site. Then walked on a path cut through a bean field. We ended up just across the road from the house. It's beautiful. Looks kind of like a plantation home. I guess Tuesday they had dug a hole and demolished what remained of the original home and when Mom and the kids and I visited about 6:00 Thurs. night, the house was up, sided, roofed, a pole barn built, some windows installed, I could see through the windows that were unfinished, that the inside was sheet rocked, possibly painted...can you believe how fast they work!? I'd love to go Sunday afternoon and tell Ty to "move that bus," but they don't know an exact time the family will return for the reveal. I guess it's a family of 6. Both parents disabled, and around Christmas of last year, their home was lost to fire. When the Home Makeover Team arrived to surprise them on Sunday, the family was living in a fifth wheel camper and two tents. A pastor recommended them for the project. We took some pictures and are anxiously awaiting the show sometime in November.

The kids had a wonderful day. Our friend, Pam, brought Dig his first birthday gifts...he received 3 new balls, all of different sizes. He was so excited! Can't believe he'll be 1 tomorrow! I was to go in for a routine checkup, when my midwife checked me she said, "I don't feel comfortable sending you all the way home, unless your husband is willing to come in for a crash course in delivering babies!" So, I went to Target and shopped for a while then went back to the hospital that afternoon and had my water broke...Little Lane Ryan was born about 5 hrs. later...at 7:23 or was it 7:34...yikes...well, it's one of the two...Drue was born at 4:24 so Lane must have been born at 7:34...yup, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :) What an exciting day for us! He came over 3 weeks early, but healthy and gorgeous!

Drue has a new 'thing.' A few days ago I asked her to "please babysit Dig while I run upstairs to get him a pair of socks." I promised her that if she did I'd give her a piece of her parade candy... Ok...it was a trick, I just wanted her to stay down stairs so I could run up, run down...make it a quick trip, not lolly-gaggling around like we do sometimes...Wellllll....now when she wants a piece of candy she'll ask, "Mommy, want me to babysit Digga?" What a girl! Today she wore a sleevless Cinderella scort/ dress-up outfit all day...she says she's gonna' wear it to her brother's birthday party, too...we'll have to see what the weather's like. On the other hand, she and Dig received some new long sleeve shirts from my folks today and she was so excited that she tried on a new outfit and wore it to bed, stretch pants and all!

Well, I've already been up once with Lane, last night was good...he woke up about 4:30 then again at 7:15... I can live with that! (for a while!)

Better get to bed, I have another busy day ahead, I have to make a dessert for the TTT chicken and biscuit meal, go to the grocery store, pick up some birthday balloons and be at the school to work my shift at the meal...oh, and pick up a birthday cake!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY DIGGA DEAN!!

I love you kids so much, you are my world and I thank God everyday for choosing me to be your Mommy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lane!!! Can't believe the little guy is 1 already... enjoy the party! I wished we lived closer so we could see him on his big day! :(

That's so cool about the Extreme Home Makeover House... I wish they would build my house that fast...

Take care and post some pics of the birthday boy!! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Lane is 1 already!! Time flies!
I also love "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"--if I watch the family's story during the first few minutes, then I'm sucked in. What a cool atmosphere to be a part of. I was talking to one of the reporters who was covering the Gladbrook house for a story, and she said all the people involved are so upbeat, and all these people are donating time and goods. That'll be a fun episode to watch since it's so close to home!

Anonymous said...

i love this show