I think one hit our house! Oh my! Not only are the usual toys all strung (is that a word?) all over the house, but we've added more. See, every...yes...EVERY time we see my grandma and grandpa Larson, they send BUNCHES of toys with the kids! I'm talking big Rubbermaid tubs...full! This visit it was a 2 ft. tall talking Barney, a play guitar, 3 different types of doll houses, a (I swear) life size fire truck...complete with siren and "this is engine 99, we're in pursuit." Hmmm, what else...oh, a container full of match box cars, a Cookie Monster game...maybe that's it...?? PLUS...I don't know if I mentioned this in previous posts, but, we brought home my tub full of Cabbage Patch kids and all of the clothes grandma Ilene made for them, from Mom and Dad's house. SO...we've added 16...yes, 16 Cabbage Patch kids to our family...Things are getting crazy around here. I know I was spoiled, I had all sorts of toys, too many, I'm sure... but these little children of mine...???Heaven's to Betsy!!!! They sure love imagining and playing in their toy room, though.
We had coffee this morning at Caryn's in Grundy. We had a good time, Drue's friends Campbell and Aubrey didn't make it, so she was kind of bored with the boys. Libby and her did eventually get out the babies and had fun being 'mommies.'
After coffee, we ran to Fareway. Then home for a late lunch. We had just enough time to put groceries away, feed the kids, change a diaper, go potty before getting back on the road to Wellsburg. I got my haircut. The kids were angels. Drue sat in the dryer chair, read a book and played with a My Little Pony. Dig was asleep in his stroller. After my cut, DD picked out a sucker and we headed to my parents'. Ryan and Shawn had to move cows, so we stayed at Mom's and the boys met us for supper. My uncle Jim came over today and is spending the night. He loves helping Dad with farm stuff when he's here. I think Jim was 10 or 11 when Mom and Dad started dating, so Dad is like a big brother to him...ok, he says Dad's like a "Dad" to him...don't tell my Dad that though! He'd feel really old! It was so nice and cool here today that we ate outside under the Christmas lights. Then we had a little fire in the chiminea. So beautiful out! SO....that's why the house looks like a tornado hit...we weren't even here today and it looks like we had a ton of friends over! But looking around makes me realize how much we have to be thankful for...at least we have a home to GET dirty! =) At least my kids have toys to leave all over the house, at least we have laundry to wash, at least we have groceries to put away...etc...
Tonight, I'm trying Dig in the crib in his own room. I was up 6 or 7 times last night...from 12:07 to 12:41, I was up 3 times! We'll try this...I don't know what to do. Any hints...leave me a comment...I'm not ready to stop breastfeeding, yet. But come on already! He is going to be one in a couple of weeks and he's still not sleeping through the night. We'll see if being in a room alone helps or makes it worse. I have feeling he'll wake up petrified, not knowing where he is and will be harder to get back to sleep...any of you Mom's out there...help me out!? I'm open to suggestions! =)
Have a beautiful...tomorrow...I guess I don't know what day tomorrow is...??? I lose track of my days being home. I know that our 'regular' PBS shows were on, so it's not a weekend, that's about as good as it gets from me! (Ok, tomorrow will be Wed...smarty pants!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi, Kristy!
Ugghh... I hate it when Molly wakes up in the middle of the night! Yuck!
Experts say that by the time an infant is around 1, they shouldn't need to be fed if they wake up in the middle of the night... maybe just try comforting him real quick, make sure his diaper is dry, and tuck him back into the crib. He'll probably dry and not like that approach the first few times, but maybe let him cry and check in on him every 5 minutes to let him know you are near.
When Molly wakes up in the middle of the night, she just needs to "reset" her brain or something. I'll bring her downstairs and we watch TV for a 10-15 minutes and I lay her back down and that's that. Maybe she had a nightmare or something and just needed to focus on something else for a while.
Good luck to you! The next few nights will probably be tough, but he should adjust after that. Check out www.babycenter.com for more advice, too!
Hi!
Sleeping through the night is tough! I recommend a book called "Baby Wise." A good portion of it is a bit psychotic, but the suggestions regarding a nursing and sleeping schedule were SO helpful!! We couldn't have done it w/out it. Eli rarely wakes up anymore, but when he does, we do our best not to pick him up. We just encourage him to lay back down and pat his back for a few seconds. It works pretty well. Hang in there!
Amber
Post a Comment