On the 23rd, Steve and Shawn grilled wonderful steaks from the calves they just had butchered. They were amazing and their niece, who is a self-proclaimed 'steak connoisseur'... well, I couldn't cut the meat fast enough for her! After dinner, we had our first, but surely not last, "Gingerbread House Contest!" Mom and Dad purchased all kinds of candies and frostings that were perfect for dressing up the gingerbread houses. Actually, they were graham cracker houses...We got in teams and started building. The only rule was that everything had to be edible. We had such a great time and everyone is already thinking about what our houses will look like next year.
DD & Lisa were on a team.
Ryan got stuck with me.
Pa decided he should be on his own team in case his idea didn't work...it did!
Steve & KK teamed up.
Dig worked with Shawn.
The view from the loft.
and the FINAL PRODUCTS...
Pa and his Teepee! Too cute! He also had an Indian and a fire. Notice the wreath above the entrance and smoke rising out of the top!
Lisa and D had a cute little house complete with colorful sidewalk and sucker lamps!
We had a pretty generic looking house with Christmas lights hanging, a little snowman, coconut snow and lighted tree.
Steve & KK had a Wizard of Oz theme, Yellow Brick Road, witch and munchkins sledding!
Ok...this one was just too perfect. No one would have expected less from Shawn. I think his walls were even insulated. There are ice-skating Teddy-grahams and fancy trees.
What a mess we made! Plenty of candy leftover, too!
Checking out the final products. Such fun!
Poor Mom was busy in the kitchen making candy cane cookies for Santa. I had told the kids we may have to buy him cookies this year, and they told their Nanny, who wouldn't think of it! So, she made sure the kids had homemade cookies to take home and leave out for Santa the next evening. Such a sweet old lady! Just kidding, Mom. I mean, you're sweet...not old, or not THAT old anyway.
Next year, I won't let her miss the fun of building the gingerbread houses!
I know for a fact that Santa likes Oreos, too.
2 comments:
What fun! Think of all of the memories you made!
FUN! FUN!! FUN!!!
Post a Comment