Those were definitely NOT my spelling words way back when I was in First-grade. In fact, I'm not sure I even had a spelling test in First-grade. Can you tell by these words what she's studying right now?
Yup, PENGUINS.
I wasn't positive what a 'rookery' was...my daughter informed me. And, so it's begun. The "I-know-more-than-my-mom" disease. Perfect.
We're proud to report she didn't miss a single word!
Actually, she has yet to miss a spelling word all year. It's bound to happen. I have to keep reminding her, that one day, she will miss one. She replies, "maybe not!"
The girl is quite the smarty-pants. While most moms keep papers with perfect scores and beautiful, glittery star stickers...I made a special point to keep a recent math worksheet dated January 10, 2011. That was the first time she has missed a math problem all year! Don't worry. I keep plenty of "Good Work" sheets and awesome artwork, too!
Maybe, she gets her love for Spelling from her Momma...but it's most certainly not where she gets her love for Math.
That's Daddy's territory! (Thank goodness!!)
2 comments:
How scary - "penguin" in FIRST GRADE??? love your posts :)
I have no idea what rookery is. Penguin is impressive, but TOBOGGANING?!?! Wowzers.
Post a Comment