Saturday, January 29, 2011

Last Names

Here ya' go.  The finished products.  I wanted all of the Luiken pictures to come from the Luiken farm and all of the Balvanz pictures to come from the Balvanz farm.  I gave them to Dad and Ryan's Dad for Father's Day and made each of my brothers one, too.  However, Steve's is still on the hope chest in our bedroom.  I'm terrible. 


They're not perfect, but everyone liked them and they represent things the guys see or use at their own farms, so that, to me, makes them more special.


B= is the Balvanz Cattle brand.  This is an engraved rock at Dad's shop.
A= the frosty fence posts leaning in a field.
L= a tractor window.
V= a shadow on the barn of the farm Mom & Dad just purchased.
A= I don't know what this is really called.  It is the thing you clamp to ground things when you weld.??? Dad is so proud right now.  I think I'll call it a grounding clamp?? hehe..
N= a gate at one of the calf lots' loading pen. It's hard to see in this picture...and Ns are hard to find!
Z= your good ol' barn door...actually that one is more of an inside door/gate.

L= from the inside of the hoop barn.
U= a chain hook
I= fence post
K= I totally lucked out on this one!  This is from a fuel barrel stand.  It's no longer there, so I got it just in time!
E= This is a picture through the gate at Ryan's cattle lot. You can see his calves through the gate. For Arnie's, I took a picture of a gate with hog feeders in the background, since I always knew him to have pigs.
N= part of an auger. 


We have them hanging in our new family room and I told DD that when she's married, I will take pictures for her new last name and hang them with all of our family names....Let's hope that's not for about 20 years!

2 comments:

Renee said...

VERY cool...love them! You did a good job!

Our Life said...

Love them, Kristy! I may have to steal your idea and do this for D's parent's for Christmas. They look fantastic!