So, Drue made it just fine without her plug. Mom said DD didn't even mention last night. She used a sarong of Mom's to fall asleep instead of the blanket. My bright idea was to just not give her the pacifier back since she made it one night already...well...We had to take Cash (our 3 mo. old yellow lab) to the vet for shots this morning and as Cash barked and howled the entire way to and from Ackley, Drue cried (and howled!) for her pluggy. I just gave in. We're going to try having it just for naps & bedtime...we'll see how strict I am??! After the vet we went into Eldora for the kiddie activities at the Pine Lake Festival. The newspaper listed 'pony' rides at the fairgrounds so I thought I'd surprise Drue and take her out. Upon our arrival, I realized these were NOT ponies. They were full grown, big, tall, saddled up horses. I was expecting little Shetlands with their heads to the ground going around in a small circle. Oh NO! The kids were hopping on the horses and being led around the cattle barn by a Pony Express member. I knew for sure DD wouldn't do it, they were too big. I was wrong. She pointed to the one she wanted to ride and grabbed the saddle horn and waved bye. She was off. When the boy walked the horse to me she bent down and said to him, "one more time." This happened about a dozen times. She smiled and yelled for me and Nanny to "look Nanny!" She loved it! Mom said, "do you think Pa needs to get you a horse?" "YEAHHH!" Later she told me "DD have horses already." She thinks Uncle Shawn's horses are hers...too bad they aren't broke! :) We'll have to get on that. Ryan was pretty excited to hear she liked the horses. I took pictures and if I could make the time to figure out posting them you could see them, too... :) Speaking of pictures...a guy from the IA Falls paper was there and I saw him take my picture. Why did I do this I don't know...Mom talked me into getting on a horse with Lane, the guy took our picture and called my Dad to see how to spell my name...if our pic. is in the paper I'll be so embarrassed, I hadn't showered, my hair was a curly mess, ughhhg! Dig looked pretty stinkin' cute though.
Since all 3 of my 'kids' are in bed I'm going to sign off and try messing with the pictures...don't hold your breath! Love to all ~kabl~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment