Ok, I just spent over an hour explaining to Drue that the Hardin County Fair is OVER. She cried and cried, I mean SOBBED! She wanted...no, needed me to take her to Nanny & Pa's house (my parents') but wouldn't tell me exactly what she thought she was going to do there...She said "have popcorn and go nigh-nigh" but then I figured it out! She was hoping to get to Grandma's and then talk her into walking her over to the fairgrounds to see the animals and have snacks. She spent the entire week at Mom and Dad's and going to the fair...I asked her if she even lives here anymore or if she's moving out already!!?! She is at the age where the fair is more than fun! She went on the "tubs of fun" and the jumpy/inflatable rides, ate cotton candy, shaved icees and funnel cakes. She was up late and exhausted but didn't want to miss anything.
Lane also enjoyed the fair. He is such a good boy. He never got cranky and just went with the flow. He, too, was up late but he came home at nights...I'm still nursing and it's more work (and painful!) to have him gone! He is a little monkey... yesterday, while I was fixing lunch, I noticed it was TOO quiet, I went in search of my little man...nope, not in the living room, not in the toy room...ughhh....He was on the 8th of 13 steps headed upstairs! He turned when he heard me and just laughed...he got all excited and proud of his sneaky new trick. He is constantly on the go, climbing up to things, trying to walk along the furniture etc...My sitting days are officially over... For those of you who don't know, Lane (Dig) has his two bottom front teeth and the top two are just poking through.
I will get pictures posted this weekend. Like I said, nothing too exciting to read here...just filling you in on the Luiken kids.
A Cozy Slow Autumn: Tea & Treats
5 days ago
2 comments:
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»
Post a Comment