So...I've been trying to post pictures for oh...about a half hour. Yup...I'm a computer dummy! Anyway...have to figure that out another day.
The big talk of the night is NO PLUGGY...NO BLANKY! Yikes Drue talked her Daddy into going to Eldora for "ibiss" (DD for 'ice-cream' ??) Early this morning Ryan had cows out and since he was almost 3 hrs. away in Northern IA, I called my Dad to help get them in. After ice-cream we stopped at Mom and Dad's to talk to Dad about where they got out, etc... DD decided she was spending the night but...when I was unloading Lane from the Expedition, I noticed DD's pluggy and blanky were in her car seat! UGGHGHG! I called and told Mom I would bring them in if they needed them...I haven't received a call yet...but then again, I'm on the computer!? This will be the first time she has gone without both of them at bedtime. I know...she probably shouldn't have a pacifier anymore anyway...but like Ryan says, "just let them be kids." Our friend Pam always says..."Drue and Campbell may take those plugs the first day of Kindergarten, but I promise they won't take it the second day, too much teasing!" So...I'm anxious to hear how hard (or easy?) it was for Drue to fall asleep tonight." I love that both of our kids have blankets. It is so cute to see Lane crawl across the living room and then plop his head down and cuddle his blanky. Drue wads hers up and stuffs it beside her ear for naps and bed. Her blanky was actually a hand-me-down spit rag from Higgasons. But, that's what she fell in love with...sorry to say, it has definitely seen better days. Currently, it is a nice shade of ummm...well, not white, I guess it's almost tan now. I'm even afraid to wash it or bleach it, incase it "doesn't make it" through the spin cycle. You can see through it, stick your hands in holes, infact, Drue can wear it as a big bracelet if she wants. It has a huge rip, making it look more like a pattern for a pair of pants or something...but when I ask her about her dingy "blada" she says..."DD ubba (love) 'dis blada so much!" How can a Mom throw it out!? It will just have to keep getting smaller and smaller! Hopefully, Drue will be too exhausted from going to the pool today to put up much of a stink about not having them...Grandma is good at improvising! :)
Well, I'm so grumpy that I can't get those stinking pictures posted...someone much smarter (and patient) than me will have to help me out.
Love to all~ kabl
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
2 hours ago
1 comment:
Hi, Kristy! I hope you are able to get photos on your site... does blogger.com have a help section or a "frequently asked questions" section?
Molly has grown quite attached to "Ellie" - her pink and green elephant blankie. We've almost lost it at Home Depot and in the mall, but thankfully found it! Whew! Target doesn't sell that specific blankie anymore, but there was one selling on Ebay for over $50! I guess I wasn't the only parent trying to find a back-up! But it is cute to see her cuddle and snuggle with it at bedtime. Take care!
Post a Comment