Monday, July 31, 2006

It's a GIRL!!

Here's Drue the first time she rode a horse during the Pine Lake Festival. His name is Zip...DD says "Dips."

Today, our good friends, Todd and Pam James welcomed their 3rd daughter into the world! Little Madeline or Madelyn or ...ok, I guess I didn't ask how to spell it...anyway, she was born around 5:15ish. I went this morning to pick up big sisters, Campbell and Aubrey. (This wasn't a big surprise deal, Pam knew last week she'd be induced this morning.) After we installed the two car seats and told both of their grandmas good-bye, we walked across the backyard to our friends' the Mullins' for coffee. (Thank God for Monday morning coffee get togethers...but that's an entirely different topic!) After the kids played and us grown-ups did whatever it is we do, we ALL got into our truck (ok, what do you call an Expedition, I don't think car works, truck isn't right and SUV sounds dumb??) that was fun!!! 4 kids under 3 years old! The big girls, Drue and Campbell got to sit in the back...WHOOO-EEEE! That was like Chucky-Cheese's! They were giggling and taking off shoes, Campbell is a shoe theif, don't leave your's anywhere she can get them or they will be on her feet! She loves shoes...that's only gonna' get worse! But the girls would dance, shake their heads, play peek-a-boo and try to touch the roof. In our (car-thing) the third row of seats is like stadium seats, a little higher than the 2nd, so they were loving the view! Lane and Aubrey sat in the second row holding hands. Dig fell asleep, of course. Well, that was the start to a very busy, noisy, crazy day. Actually, the day was a blur. I know for sure I went into the bathroom a couple of dozen times. With two 2 year olds (Campbell is 6 wks. younger than D) I spent alot of my day helping up on the potty, helping down, reading books on the potty, cleaning off the potty, washing hands and flushing. Not in that order of course! The kids were very good but Ryan and I are very happy with only 2 children...I CAN'T imagine 4! The 2 older girls didn't take naps and were totally exhausted by the end of the day. Ryan (Todd's girls call him Rommy, I'm Cookie) and I took the James girls to their grandparents' around 8pm. Drue cried the whole way from Wellsburg wanting to stay the night with Campbell. She came home, went to the bathroom...again....and crashed on my lap. She's been asleep since. (In her OWN bed, I might add) Lane was loving it today...The only MAN among 3 girls...plus now there is baby Maddie or Maddy or Maddi ??? :) Just wait a couple years...he'll think he's such a stud!

Ok, I just realized I have made a big mistake. Before heading up to the computer room, I got a drink, adjusted the air conditioning and grabbed a baggie of animal crackers that was packed for our coffee time this morning. Bad idea...I've ate 1/2 the bag. You know the kind, the puffy, hard crackers, the ones they sell in every vending machine on every college campus in the entire United States...the kind that claim to be fat free...well, I may be testing that claim, I love these things!

I'm going to (try) and add some more pics. of the kids...hope you're enjoying them...aren't they cuties! God's Blessings to all! ~kabl~

No comments: