First off...As you've noticed, I took the weekend off from blogging, I figured that most of you reading this, do so at work...you dirty rats! You're actually getting paid to read my blog!! Anyway, since you're not at work to read it, might as well wait til' tonight to post anything new...
Secondly, THANKS for letting me know you're reading this! Ok, I'd write even if no one was reading...but thanks for the feedback! Makes it even more fun knowing people are enjoying hearing about our kids! Blogging is honestly my only alone time, I should probably be doing something better with my time, like cleaning, catching up on babybooks etc...but...as all of you Moms know...I don't even pee by myself! :) I usually post after the kids and Ryan are snug in bed and the house is quiet, except for tonight....DD is on my lap as I type! Not gonna miss a thing, this girl! She types too. She points to letters and tells me someone's name that starts with that letter..."C like Cade and Coke, K like KK (Uncle Shawn's girlfriend, Kelly) She's a smarty, I tell ya'!! Back to blogging, it gives me time to unwind and vent...ok, I so I'm restricted in the "venting" area...can't vent about Ryan...most of you are related to him by blood or through our marriage! Not that there's anything to "vent" about, but if I really had to, I probably wouldn't do it here anyway! My friends would be getting a call! =) I suppose the REAL reason I'm blogging is to record our 'everydays.' The not so interesting, kind of boring, but real-life happenings of our lives. In a way, trying to engrave these simple, but wonderful things in my memory, in hopes of never forgetting them. I guess these blogs are kind of like the written scripts to the many video tapes we have of Drue and Lane. ...(I bet my brother, Steve, in Hollywood liked that analogy!) So...now you know why I do this...plus it's fun!
Dig had a fever both Friday and Saturday nights...no other symptoms though, so I think he's working on getting some new teeth.
Drue, (she's asleep now) ran in to the kitchen yesterday morning and was smiling, laughing...had her hands on her hips and said..."Funny thing (about) Coke." Put her hands out like she was going to count her fingers and said..."got 'nother owey on foot!" Poor kid! He's always hurt!
Ryan and Shawn weaned calves this weekend and somewhere during the cattle rustling, Ryan got stung by a wasp. He's obviously allergic to wasps because his hand is so big and puffy and red. It looks like at any moment it could burst and explode... I don't know how many of you have been to Washington D.C. but at Lincoln's museum, there is a casting of his hands after a political assembly where he had shaken hundreds and hundreds of people's hands...after doing so, his right hand had swollen to almost double in size (that's the day they did the casting, too) That's what Ry's reminds me of. I feel bad for him, it's really itchy and he hasn't been in a very good mood since it happened. He gets really droopy from the Benedryl, too. If it's not better by Monday he'll have to go to the dr. for an epi shot or something...
I spent most of Saturday making meals for 2 of my friends who had babies recently. I used the new Glad dishes that are plastic but ok for the oven...I told Pam and Kim to be careful and read the instructions...I worried about it all night! I didn't want to be responsible for burning their houses down! So far, I haven't heard any sirens! =)
Tonight, Ryan's parents came to visit. It is so fun seeing Drue interact with people in her own house. She's so silly. She showed off her Pilates moves, looked at albums, picked on her grandpa Arnie. (Rah-Rah) She calls Grandma Linda, 'MiMi," my folks are "Pa and Nanny" She came up with all of them...That's another blog though...!
I've ranted enough tonight...Just think...I just helped you get through the first 10 minutes of a MONDAY morning!!! :) Have a great day! ~kabl~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment