No, I haven't forgot about blogging and no, the computer didn't poop out on us again...Just not much to write about, actually.
Today, is another story, though...Saturday night, while Ryan was at the bachelor party, his friends Todd and Vaughn mysteriously disappeared. No one really knew where they went, but no one was too worried. Ended up that a tragic thing happened. Vaughn's 18 yr. old nephew was at a house party in Cedar Falls or Waterloo and got into a fight...we don't know if he was involved in the fight or if he was breaking it up...either way, he was stabbed and killed. He graduated from Ackley in May and was going to start college this week. Vaughn is a close friend of Ryan's and was in our wedding. Today was Treye's funeral. I didn't know him but knew his Dad, Dustin and Uncle Vaughn. It was an extremely hard funeral to attend. Even though Treye never knew me, he has touched me in a way I wasn't expecting a stranger could. You MUST hug your spouse, family, children every day and tell them how much they mean to you, let them know you love them. Treye's family knew this. The guys weren't afraid to say it. I can't imagine how his family is feeling. I ached watching his dad during the funeral and covered my face hearing Vaughn speak and cried watching a video of Treye's greatest memories...memories I didn't know existed or even thought about until today. Treye just graduated high school, there won't be a college graduation, not even a first day of college, there won't be a wedding, grandbabies, vacations, new house, retirement...none of it. No one expects things like this to happen, no one can prepare for it. My thoughts are so random at this point, I can't even organize them in my head enough to type them. It honestly makes me sick to my stomach. I feel so bad for his family. The things they have endured this past weekend and will in the months ahead. It all seems like a dream to me, I can't imagine what it's like for them.
When I was explaining to Drue where Ryan and I were going, I said that a boy got hurt and died, now he's in Heaven with Jesus. She's 2, I didn't know how much or how little to tell her...Since she continued asking questions, I was honest with her. I told him that he got an owey because some other boys were being naughty and he got hurt with a knife. She was bent on going to the funeral. Cried even. She wanted to "see boy's owey." I explained that the boy wasn't really going to be there, (Didn't think it the time to explain the casket, burial etc...)that he was in Heaven. She said, "oh, like Grandma's blue fish? So, is he kind of like a ghost now?" I have never said ghost in the same sentence as Jesus. Somehow, she has that when you die, you are no longer visible here on earth... Pretty good, for her age.
Since I don't know where to go with this, and my thoughts are scrambled, I ask that you take a minute to say a prayer for our friends. Pray for their strength and for peace knowing Treye is not hurting...as Vaughn ended his speach he said..." I am confident...SO confident, that Treye is in Heaven," that is what will get them through this horrible time. If you were in Treye's place, do you know where you'd be? Would you dance for Jesus? Is He who you'd turn to? He carries our burdens...no matter how great (or small!)
In conclusion...I want to share the words to one of MY favorite songs, and one played at Treye's funeral, "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe
I can only imagine what it will be like
When I walk by your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see
When your face is before me
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
Surrounded by your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you Jesus,
Or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence,
or to my knees will I fall?
Will I singe Halleluja,
Will I be able to sing at all?
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
I can only imagine when that day comes
and I find myself standing in the Son
I can only imagine, when all I do
Is forever, forever worship you.
I can only imagine
I can only imagine...........................
Maybe, I'll be more prophetic tomorrow. We're looking forward to our coffee/play group tomorrow morning. It's at our house. I'm getting up early to make apple enchiladas. Haven't tried them before, but it's apple time here in IOWA!!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment