Yesterday, we were at Mom's for lunch...we go there at least once a week for lunch, just gives us something to get out of the house and do. Most of the time we go after our coffee/ play group date. Uncle Shawn got a new cell phone and wanted to take D's pictures with it. She looked so cute, eating a juicy strawberry, she was on the floor almost posing when Shawn said, "look at me so I can take your picture," DD replied, "I'm too busy." PLEEEASE! She cracks me up sometimes...ok, all times! This morning, she was sleepy and just in her undies (yee-yees) ?? on the couch, Lane crawled over to her and pulled himself up to the couch intending to pick on her...She looked at me and said softly, "DD's too tired to play with Digga, Mom." Like...Get him out of my hair, I'm not in the mood yet. I tell you, that girl is something else!
Drue had talked to my Mom about getting some 'red hot gum.' She loves gum and gets it whenever she can. Mom told her on the phone that she got some and Drue would get some Saturday...that wasn't good enough. Drue called Mom at lunch and said, "where's Nanny's purse?" She knows that's where the gum is...Mom told her it was in her Blazer and some how (yeah right) Drue talked Mom into bringing her a piece of gum...So before Mom went back to lunch, she brought rotten little DD a piece of red hot gum...and we wonder why she's a little bossy! :)
Dig had a rough day yesterday. He fell on a side table Uncle Steve made in highschool. He hit it hard and has a little cut and a bruise under his left eye. Then, 3 minutes later, he skimmed his forehead on the coffee table, no markings, but hurt feelings, for sure. He looks like a little boxer. Uncle Steve has a picture with a black eye that won him the "Colorful Cutie" contest in Jefferson...Dig looks a lot like that! It's his first real 'injury,' but, being the brave boy he is, definitely, not his last!
Ryan and I went golfing tonight with his sister, Traci and our brother-in-law, Nick. So fun! Nick's good...Ryan WANTS to be and Traci and I are learning. We got rained out last time, so were excited to get a round in tonight. It was very humid but perfect playing conditions. Hopefully, Ryan and I can play more next season. I love it, and Ryan is soon to be addicted, I can tell. He doesn't like anything he isn't good at, but with practice, I know he'll be good...he's just one of those 'all around athlete' type of people, that once he gets the hang of it, he'll be awesome, and probably, no fun for me to play with! =) I USED to be good, my brothers and I all played varsity golf in highschool, (ok, I know, I'm grasping at straws...starting to sound like my own 'highlight tape' or something!) With practice, hopefully, I can get at least that good again. It will be fun when the kids can come with us too, (and when my Dad gets me my golfcart!...right, Dad?love you!!) I tease him because the boys had expensive 'toys' growing up like horses, four-wheelers...ok, maybe I'm making some of it up because I can't remember other big toys, but I'm sure there was more!
Tomorrow morning, Ryan has a bachelor party for Travis, they are going golfing...that's at 9:00am...so there is plenty of time for drinking in the afternoon, I suppose...can't wait to hear about that?!? (not really) The kids and I are headed to the Iowa State Fair with my Mom and Dad and hopefully, Shawn. Can't wait for a corn dog and fresh lemonade...I may even try a "Fried Snickers on a Stick!" I'll let you know if I do! There is EVERY kind of food on a stick at the fair...things like Twinkies, pickles, porkchops, fried oreos...everything! Speaking of porkchops...
Today, Drue was jumping on the couch and stopped suddenly..."Mom, do you pell (smell) something like porkburgers?...not HAMburgers, porkburgers??" Don't know where that came from, but last week we did have porkburgers and I did explain the difference between them and hamburgers, but I didn't smell anything? OH... a few days ago, I had a vanilla candle burning in the kitchen and Drue said, "I pell RoooooT beer!" When I thought about it, she was right, it did smell a lot like a root beer....such fun things come out of her mouth...what a cutie!
Well, my allergy medicine is kicking in and I'm getting very sleepy...better hit the hay! ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............
No comments:
Post a Comment