Monday, August 28, 2006

Is it Monday, already??

Wow!! I'm a slacker, huh? Where do the weekends go? Time really does fly when you're having fun, I guess.

Friday night we called up our friends, the James' and met them in Grundy Center for ice-cream. Oh my! Drue, Campbell and Aubrey all ordered blue flavor burst ice cream. What a mess! Actually, Drue is a very neat eater...can't say the same for Aubrey, though! By the end of our excursion, she was only in a diaper and sandals! The two older girls enjoyed running around and yelling. Campbell would run, DD followed...on and on and on...We were the only ones in the place, we planned it that way...we went a half hour before closing. The restaurant workers got a kick out of our kids. I can see us being on a first name basis with them very shortly!

Saturday we went to Waterloo to get a few things for Ryan's work, make some exchanges and go to Wal-Mart for the necessities. The kids were so good, as always...

Sunday, we went with my parents and Shawn and Kelly to my Grandma & Grandpa Larson's house for dinner. My Uncle Jim is home from NY for a week or so, so we went to see him...and EAT! There is always TOO much to eat at Grandma's and Grandpa ALWAYS offers TOO much pop! You always leave their house on the verge of being sick. But you miss that food the next day, so you have to stuff yourself when you're there! We're headed back there Labor Day for the parade, rodeo and carnival rides. DD is SO excited. She wants Pa to ride on the Dumbo elephants with her...He doesn't know it yet, though. My Uncle Mike, Aunt Aimee and cousin Lindsay will also be home then. We're looking forward to that, too! Oh...and the FOOD! I know we're having Italian sausage, peppers and tomatoes! Better wear my 'fat pants!!' =)

Today was nice. I had a hard time getting started, though. It was cloudy and rained off and on. The kids were very good. No major catastrophes. Ryan was even able to come home for lunch, so that was a treat for the kids. Both of them go straight to him when he gets home, they both want up, and he always gives them big hugs and kisses. I did some cleaning and laundry, addressed Dig's birthday invites and paid some bills...that's about it for today. We have coffee tomorrow. I have a haircut at 2:30. I finally just made Ryan decide...do you want it shorter or longer...he did the usual, "I don't care" thing...ughggh. I made him say which he liked better and he said shorter...good, I don't like long hair, at least not on me, I guess. Too hard to control these curls! @=)

So, if you've read previous posts you know that Drue calls macaroni, "monkey-roni." Well, I was defrosting meat a few days ago and she asked, "Mommy, what's in the MONKEY-WAVE?" (Microwave!) =) She also says "Monkers" for monsters...but, we try not to talk about them very often! She must think we have a 'thing' for monkeys around here! ;)

I'm starting to get in the mood to get our fall decorations out. I know this time last year, I had a list a mile long of things I wanted to get done before 'the baby' was due. (supposed to be Oct.7) Luckily, I had most of them done when our "L-Train" arrived, (His Daddy calls him that sometimes) on Sept. 15th! One thing, I did have the fall stuff out...better do that before the birthday party.

Drue fell asleep while Ryan read her "The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor." Uncle Steve gave it to her for Christmas, and she reads it all the time. She loves the page when Sister Bear gets a shot. I read it to her twice, Ryan read it to her once and the second time through for him, she fell asleep.

I suppose I have bored most of you to tears, better get to bed before Lane wakes me up. It's been about a year since I've slept through the night...grrr....Drue is alseep in her own bed, we'll see how long she stays there. I love hearing her little feet run across the hard wood floors. This afternoon, while she was napping on the couch, I was cleaning upstairs and heard her whimper, "Where's Mommy? Where'd Mommy go?" I ran as fast as I could to meet her so she didn't think I had left her in a dark, quiet house. I remember in Jefferson, I was probably 4 or 5...I woke up from a nap and couldn't find Mom. I was probably in a daze, too. I remember going to my Mom and Dad's room and calling the operator to ask if she knew where my Mom was. That was in the day when you actually talked to a PERSON! The lady was very nice, told me she didn't know where she was but since it was a nice day out, that maybe I should check the garden or the yard...she had me check as she stayed on the line. Sure enough, Mom was in our fenced in backyard.

OK...NOW I'm going to bed! Love to all of you! ~Kristy

No comments: