Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'd like you to meet...Coke!

I can tell you about Coke, but you'll never really meet him. He's 2, has 'yellow' hair, a brother and a sister, has an 'ouchy' on his foot, goes to a babysitter, but "not Cade's," (DD & Dig's cousin's) and calls my daughter on the phone at least once a day!

Coke is Drue's imaginary friend. I'm not sure how this relationship started, I never mentioned anything about "hey, maybe you should get your self a pretend friend." I just over-heard the two of them on the phone one day. "oh...uh-huh...yup, yup...ok...bye...ubba (love-you) Coke." So I inquired...and to my surprise, I was given a very indepth description of this little guy. His mommy and daddy both work, he goes to a sitter but Drue is quick to point out he doesn't go to the same babysitter as her cousin Cade does. He has yellow, not blonde hair. He has an ouchy on his right foot, so does his Mommy, but she's getting better now. Drue calls to check on him everyday...and he calls at least once throughout the day, as well. Thank goodness it's a local call! I've never noticed Coke really playing at our house. When DD plays she doesn't really play "with" him. She'll talk about him or make him supper, paint him a picture or type him a letter or something, but when I ask where he is, he is always "at Coke's house or at the babysitters." I don't even know how she knows what a babysitter is? She is so descriptive and creative when it comes to Coke. I guess her Daddy had an imaginary friend named Jason (I think?) Ryan and him would ride horses (Ryan's bike) around their acreage to check on sheep...Ryan's family didn't have sheep, but they had hundreds of pigs...not sure why they didn't just check pigs??? Coke is very much a part of our family, most people have heard about him, maybe even talked to him on the phone...I think he was here helping Drue and Sierra bake cookies, I think I heard Sierra talking to him, too!" I think it is so neat to see her mind work. Drue remembers everything and is so creative, I love eavesdropping on their conversations. I never had an imaginary friend...Guess that's one more thing she does...Just like her Daddy! =)

No comments: