Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Weekend...

Not a very exciting weekend, but I'll fill you in anyway...

Friday was rough. Lane was up MANY times Thurs. night, I'm not sure if it was really the cough, though. Probably a mix between the cold, the thunder and needing snuggles from Mom. I got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I don't know how I function, sometimes. Thankfully, I don't have to be up at a certain time in the mornings and I don't have to wake my babies up to get dressed, eat and go to the sitters. That would not be fun. I hated having to wake Drue up to take her to daycare (we called it 'school' so it didn't sound so bad) when I was student teaching and subbing. I felt so bad making her get out of her cozy jammies, hurry and eat, then get in a car, rain or snow and get dropped off at some place where she wouldn't get the attention/ love we gave her here. Ryan and I both hated it but it was worse for me because I did the actual "dropping off." Ick....Anyway...where was I going with that...no where probably!
Friday morning we did get up and around to make it to our coffee/ play group's little 'shower' for Pam and baby Madi. Caryn made a wonderful cake and Kim provided the fruit and coffee. I'm so blessed to have made such wonderful, caring friends. We have such a good time when we get together. There are 5 Moms and 14 kids!!! But...we're excited that there will be 15 kids late in March! Caryn and Clint are expecting their 3rd child then! It gets crazy when we're all together! School starts in a couple of weeks so we will be 'losing' a few for coffe time.

Saturday, Ryan was home all day which is odd and great! He used to have to do hog chores everyday of the week, but he doesn't manage a site anymore. =) But, he still works very hard and long hours, so having him home for the entire weekend is so fun for all of us. We all love his new job! The kids and I miss him alot though. He makes it home for supper most nights, but other nights it's closer to bath time. The kids both get giddy when Dad gets home! Sat. morning we just sat around and all picked up the house. We made a quick Wal-Mart run...DD purchased a (cheapy!) plastic set of golf clubs. She's very particular on her grip...figures...she's her Daddy's girl! :) When we got home, Todd, Pam and the girls came over to bring us some goodies from their garden. Pam and I left the boys alone with the kids while we ran to pick up pizzas. We took our sweet time getting there and when we arrived home, the door was locked because kids tried escaping. I think they did a pretty good job, no one was hurt or crying when we got back, so that's good! We had a good time visiting and playing, the house is still a disaster from it though! Wow! Can we make a mess when friends are over! Lane was up a lot again Sat. night...I counted that I was up... count em' >>> SIX times before 3 am... and we didn't go to bed until 10! I'm hurtin' today! Of course, Dig's fine. :)

Sunday morning we went to church. Mom and Dad weren't there and on the way home, Drue said, "where are we going now?" I told her we were going home, she said, "no! Go Nanny's house." Ryan and I said, "we'll drop you off," She was ok with that! =) We ended up all staying and getting subs for lunch. (Shawn and Kelly were at the State Fair) Then Ryan and I left and met his sister, Traci and husband, Nick in Wellsburg to go golfing. Sounded like a good idea and we need the practice since we're in a tournament in 2 weeks! Ryan is a great athlete, I should say "was" I don't know what would happen now...he's old! (31!!) =) But, he doesn't like playing if he can't win or be the best. He's not a golfer, I'm actually better than him most days! He doesn't like that idea. I got him some clubs this summer and I have a feeling, we'll be playing alot next summer...I have to keep up though! Anyway...we only got to play 4 holes because it started to rain. Darn! We went to Traci and Nick's for a little bit then Ryan met Travis and I went in to Eldora for the kids.

Here we are...11:12 pm. Everyone's in bed and ready to do it all over again this week. Such blessings we have to be thankful for in our 'boring everydays'... Kids are healthy and safe, snug in bed (ok, maybe only for an hour or so, but still...) we have a nice house to call our own, food in the fridge, great friends, loving families, couldn't ask for much more...life may be boring...but it's wonderful that way!

Have a wonderful week! ~kabl

No comments: