Sorry for no posting Mon. & Tues....ok, no one probably reads this or notices that I didn't post...but incase someone does...sorry. Nothing really to post I gues... Monday we did meet our friends for coffee/ play group. We met at Cam's and played outdoors. It was a beautiful morning. Tuesday was gorgeous as well. We opened all the windows, it was wonderful sleeping weather.
Last night, Drue and I decided that this morning, after breakfast, we'd go on a walk at Pine Lake. It's so pretty there. We take it for granted, that's for sure. We drive through it every day, sometimes several times a day...and forget to even notice how beautiful it really is. I have to remind myself that some people consider Pine Lake a "vacation" spot. There are families that get all excited to pack up the camping stuff, get out the boat or just hike around it. We parked by the cabins and Drue walked across the little bridge that goes by the river. She hopped in the stroller with her baby doll, so we could cross the highway and we probably got 2 minutes into our walk when she said, "DD all done now. Go DD's house now." I asked her why and she said, "Maybe cars are coming." I think she thought the paved path was a road. Plus, she could hear the cars on the highway above us. I reassured her no cars were allowed on the path and we made our way to the beach so she could play in the sand and dip her feet in the (very green) She played for quite awhile, Lane was busy watching a few kids in the water. Drue decided that she had had enough so we started back on the path to the parking lot. When...to my surprise, and I'm sure Drue's...the DNR truck came driving down the path. Drue's eyes got big and she turned around and looked at me like..."do you see that, Mom?!" So much for me telling her the 'truth,' "no cars allowed."
When we got home, Lane was asleep, so I parked in the shade, opened all the windows and let him take a little nap. DD and I planted some mums in the planter Dad made me and watered some other flowers by the little shed in our yard. She had a blast playing with the hose and nozzle. She knows now to take ALL her clothes off before she even starts...she's bound to get WET!! She also enjoyed spraying our dog, Cash. She was "nakey" the entire rest of the day! :)
After playing outside, we all came in for lunch. I warmed up some leftover macaroni, but it was too hot, so I left it on the stove while I prepared the rest of her and Dig's lunch. In between bites of yogurt she said, "Mom, can I have my MONKEYRONI now?" =) I thought it was SOOO CUTE!!! I had to have her tell her Daddy what she had for lunch, too! What laughs!!
Dig does a funny thing lately, too...My Mom and the kids sing from a "Kid's Bible Song" book and he REALLY gets into the song, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart" song. He'll bounce his upper body and really nod his head. Sometimes, he'll just do it on his own and I'll know he wants me to sing the song...then he just LAUGHS! Such a cute boy we have!!
So... now you're caught up...since I have time I need to check out how to renew my inital teaching license, I'm sure all they want is $$$...it expires in December of this year...can't believe it's been 2 years since I graduated from UNI!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment