Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bye-Bye, Digga!

Today started off as one of the "same ol'-same ol'" days...Lane slept in until 8:30, ok...it's not what you think...he still wakes up almost every 2 hours every night! He's never slept through the night...and your asking yourself, "how does Kristy look so good? Act so good etc...getting up that many times!" (HA!! HA!!) Yes, he's ALL about breastfeeding!!! Loves it, and it's going to be hard to break when we decide to. That's all he would eat if I'd let him. He needs a snuggle in the middle of the night, too. Just wants to make sure Mom's still there. He won't eat babyfood...but that's because he's NOT a baby, so he thinks...he'll always be my baby boy, though. He prefers real food. So, for breakfast he had rice cereal with cinnamon and sugar (ok, that's probably considered baby food) and Yogurt Blast Cheerios with a few sips of D milk from a sippy. He's working on using sippys, he doesn't have bottles very often, just a few a month actually, so it's not that he's confused about that, it's just something new. Drue had strawberry oatmeal, milk and mandarin oranges. She didn't wake up until 9. We watched a Barney "Songs in the Park" DVD, vacuumed (my kids both HATE the vacuum!) and while Dig took a short morning nap, Drue and I played in the doll house in her room. The doll house is a replica of one my mom and her parents lived in at one time. My dad made it for them the first Christmas he and Mom were married. Drue loves it...I'll have to post pictures, not tonight though. :( We ate lunch, Drue had mini meatballs and peas. She just re-discovered peas. She liked them as a baby, hated them as a toddler, now has a new love for them, especially the really tiny ones. After lunch we played out in the kids' toy yard and let Cash, (our puppy) run around. We came in, had a snack of pretzels and juice and watched Pinocchio. Did you remember he smoked and drank??? Not me! It was when he skipped school and went with the naughty boy, they even say 'jackass!' Drue has watched it a few times now...that will probably be the one word from the entire movie she catches on to! Drue took a nap and when she woke, my mom was there to take her and Lane to her house while I did something I have never done at our farm before...I MOWED!

So, it started this way...Last night Ryan came home at a decent time and I thought it would be nice if he spent some time with the kids, so I "highly discouraged" him from going out and spending a couple hours mowing. He might tell you I got grumpy?? Anyway, this afternoon I felt kind of bad about that so I called to see if Mom could get the kids while I tried to mow. I have never done it here before and to tell you the truth, I don't want to get started doing it, either. But, I didn't want Ryan to have to spend time doing it, knowing the next few nights could be late for him at work. And I thought, I'd rather try it for the first time when no one was here to critique me! Those of you who have seen our yard, know that this is no small favor! I was all excited to surprise him, when I walked to the shed and found the mower had a really flat tire. So I had to call him to see if or how I could fix it. I also had to have him run through the instructions on how to start it...I accomplished both! I drove it to the machine shed, found the air compressor and put air in the tire...My father-in-law is smiling now :) Then I drove to the part of the yard where I thought I'd start... and realized, I didn't know how to make it mow! So, I had to call Ryan again! So, why did they make the "mow" lever look like a picture of a light? A woman would have put the word "MOW" on it! :) I had my walkman on...yeah, I know...If I'm going to do to this again, I need an IPod...I'm so out of it! :) It was actually good 'thinking' time, kind of relaxing, I guess. You know... mowing is alot like vacuuming, except you're riding. And if anyone ever makes a riding vacuum...sign me up! I also hate that shaky, itchy, vibrating feeling. Mowing wasn't hard but I did leave the toy yard and the little patch right in front of our Luiken log and flower area because I was afraid I'd tip over. Ryan finished it when he got home. Ohhhh....there were TWO more spots I couldn't mow...under a big AC tractor and a Honey Wagon!...mmmmm.....think my father-in-law had something to do with that, too! :) For you non-farm people...a Honey Wagon, is anything BUT a wagon for hauling honey...yup, they should really call it a "pig poop wagon..." (a girl would have!) :) I was complimented on my mowing job...which maybe isn't a good thing, hope he doesn't think it is now my job, (kind of like how I somehow became the garbage 'taker-outer' too!) It was fun though, good thinking time, no tan though, it was overcast and breezy today...perfect for mowing.

When I went to pick the kids up after mowing, (it took me 2 1/2 hours) the kids were both sitting on Little Tyke horses. DD on the one named "Pepper." He belonged to my brothers when they were little. Dig was on a blue one that Mom found last summer. When I walked in, Mom and DD said, "Hi Dig!" and were feverishly waving their hands 'hi,' and to my astonishment...SO DID LANE!!! He can wave "bye-bye!" He's been so busy learning this week! He's learned to sign 'more,' play pattycake/ clap and wave bye! I love my little man!

Drue is asleep on the loveseat behind me in the computer room. She's excited to get her hair trimmed tomorrow morning, then pick up her friend, Campbell, all in Wellsburg. We're going to play at our house and give Campbell's mommy some one -on- one time with the middle daughter, Aubrey. Baby Madi is just over a week old! We're having a little get together with our coffee/play group for her on Friday...should be fun!

I'm starting to get drowsy, I had to take Benedryl because of the grass and weeds...ah-ha! A reason for me not to mow every week! It makes me sick! :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday! ~Blessings to you! kabl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree... mowing the lawn is sort of relaxing and a good way to think about things. It's kind of like outdoor vacuuming! I will mow the lawn a couple of times each summer, but I wouldn't want to do it much more than that... it's a lot of work! :)